• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

3U CSSA Trial (3 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i got told that (45-52)/84 = band E4
Depends on the paper really. But that seems just way too low. 60% = Top band? Nah...that's unlikely. My friend reckons he scored low 50 and he scored 44.

oly1991

HSC
Depends on the paper really. But that seems just way too low. 60% = Top band? Nah...that's unlikely. My friend reckons he scored low 50 and he scored 44.
yeh true, it seems like so many people get over this mark

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Gee, he must have gotten more than that correct! That seems awfully low for 44/50.

I also wanted to ask, as I havn't been sure about this for quite some time...

If one was to say do the Maths Extension course and get any score out of 50... we'll just say 44, like your friend - What happens to this out of 100? Do they simply just double it? I.e. in the case of an accelerant getting a score out of 50, then taking MX2 the following year and not reattempting MX1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Gee, he must have gotten more than that correct! That seems awfully low for 44/50.

I also wanted to ask, as I havn't been sure about this for quite some time...

If one was to say do the Maths Extension course and get any score out of 50... we'll just say 44, like your friend - What happens to this out of 100? Do they simply just double it? I.e. in the case of an accelerant getting a score out of 50, then taking MX2 the following year and not reattempting MX1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No. In terms of HSC, believe it or not, there is decimal attached to it (invisibly). So you get like 44.4 for example. If u do 4 unit maths and 3 unit is counted as 2 units, u simply double it and get 88.8 -> 89 hsc mark.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
No. In terms of HSC, believe it or not, there is decimal attached to it (invisibly). So you get like 44.4 for example. If u do 4 unit maths and 3 unit is counted as 2 units, u simply double it and get 88.8 -> 89 hsc mark.
Thanks NamNam :D

Well I'm definitely aiming higher than 60% raw, even if that is an E4... which sounds sooo low. I'm aiming for more like 90% raw :p (which with more practice... I reckon i can get there)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Hmmm. I don't sit the CSSA paper but just trying to get the relative difficulty of this years paper. What do u guys rekon? Did it closely resemble the 08 paper in terms of difficulty?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I reckon last year was harder (and I did it last year). If I did last year paper again I would get like 76-79 range. From this paper, however, I am expecting around 79-82 range.

That's what I thought got an E4... well that's what I'd be going for absolute bare minimum!
I thought people meant 60% as in 60 @_@

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon last year was harder (and I did it last year). If I did last year paper again I would get like 76-79 range. From this paper, however, I am expecting around 79-82 range.

I thought people meant 60% as in 60 @_@
Lol, the percent throws people out. You probably need to specify to make it clear whether you're talking about ~/80 or ~/100% etc... It makes confusion occur less frequently.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lol, the percent throws people out. You probably need to specify to make it clear whether you're talking about ~/80 or ~/100% etc... It makes confusion occur less frequently.
lol I guess I should make this clear:

60% raw =/= I don't reckon Band E4
60/84 raw = I reckon Band E4

^_^ It's better now?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lol I guess I should make this clear:

60% raw =/= I don't reckon Band E4
60/84 raw = I reckon Band E4

^_^ It's better now?
Ja, das ist gut ^_^

I can't get onto messenger >_< stupid internet is capped and my messenger is being a bitch!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lol is that german
Hahaha XD the most very basic of German XD

I learnt german for 3 years (in school)... I'm sure I could produce something better than that if I tried XD rofl

Although, I'm not going to prove it because I'll make a fool of myself.

shaon0

HSC
k is definitely 2 for the rates of change question.

I remember

r = kh

it was like dA/dt = dr/dt x dA/dr

and dA/dt = 0.1 and dr/dt = 1/240kpi and dA/dr = 4rpi +4pikr at r = 4 i think?

so 0.1 = 1/240kpi x (16pi + 16pik)
24kpi = 16pi + 16pik
8kpi = 16pi
k = 2

my memory ftmfw lololol

Ye it was 2 x 3^n. I remember checking this answer with calculator lol.
i proved the 2^n*3^n=6^n using logs in the test because i couldn't remember the law for it.

shaon0

HSC
Kind of easy paper, definitely 80+/84
Finished the whole paper in 50mins except the 2nd last part of the last projectile question. I spent 1hr on it and still couldn't get it haha T.T
For the last part of projectile (finding the angle) i guessed the answer and it turned out to be right xD
i hope i get the 2marks for it....but teacher probably wanted working
Most of my friends sed they failed.
Nice. It took me 40mins for the 2nd last part of the projectile but luckily i got the last part out really quickly and could go back through my exam.

M

medhat tawfik

Ehh, finished the exam in 1 hour, all questions. Really hope for 100%, silly mistakes may be an issue though.

daryl-d

HSC
Kind of easy paper, definitely 80+/84
Finished the whole paper in 50mins except the 2nd last part of the last projectile question. I spent 1hr on it and still couldn't get it haha T.T
For the last part of projectile (finding the angle) i guessed the answer and it turned out to be right xD
i hope i get the 2marks for it....but teacher probably wanted working
Most of my friends sed they failed.

Sorry if this sounds random, but what did u get for the angle

-Onlooker-

HSC
Angle was tan(inverse) 2h/c

And there were alternatives too... in terms of sin(inverse) and cos(inverse) too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)