• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

Kayy1011

HSC
guys how tf do i write an essay for mod b. wer doing Artist of the floating world, istg its so ugly

K2Trappy

HSC
also for mod b essay do we have words we should be using like the common module and mod A?!? Also how high are the chances of me gettign asked persuasvie and discursive. Cause I do not want to prepare for that. ALso, do we have to use critical readings for Mod B? Is it a necessity?
discursive getting asked by itself is still likely I doubt they're ever gonna ask for persuasive alone (watch this years hsc be only persuasive)

vajayjay

HSC
for people who do eliot in mod b english adv, suppose we get a question that states we have to make detailed reference to a specific poem, for example - preludes. By this, does it mean our entire essay has to revolve around preludes only or are we allowed to bring in other poems. Also when they specify a poem, how much of the essay should this specified poem be. Like is it fine if i have like maybe 2-3 examples for this poem or does it have to be considerably more.
if there is an extract, I would do a paragraph for that poem. hsc wont prescribe hollow men (has already been done), so you have a 3/4 chance of picking the right ones if you do three paragraphs. Unless the wording is weird, I wouldn't do an essay on just one poem, and I don't think NESA would ask that because you're supposed to be studying a body of works.

sainzsgf

HSC
i really dont know how to structure an eliot essay someone help do we do it by theme? or like is there an overarching idea that is discussed per paragraph like idk isolation

WhoseAdam

HSC
bro i fumbled so hard i got my business test back i got 26/35, 4/10 for multiple choice 💀 and then 22/25 for short answer

spiderfan44

HSC
bro i fumbled so hard i got my business test back i got 26/35, 4/10 for multiple choice 💀 and then 22/25 for short answer
i guess it just means u need to cover more content before trials, get on that grind and start revising

fw_faiyaz

HSC
hey does anyone know where i can upload work for someone to look at it and give me feedback as my teacher aint.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
You guys have any investigating science resources?
Scared for trials so much.
omg if you find some let me know please, i’m so cooked for investigating i literally know nothing. i know about as much for trials as i did in the prelims and i got like 77% which was done by purely guessing and writing whatever yap i could come up with. doesn't help that this subject is so boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)