• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Work Experience Insurance (1 Viewer)

sweetish

HSC
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how some of you can do all this work experience besides the compulsory yr 10 or 11 thing. I mean, I've been wanting to do more work exp but the companies always tell me I have to have insurance for it... and it's like where the heck am I suppose to get that insurance, I don't think places like GIO, etc offer it?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
We do work placement with our prac and I just read through the letter we give to the person in charge..
It is organised by the Catholic Church Insurance Ltd Sydney and we are covered by Public Liability Insurance and Students Work Experience Personal Accident Insurance.
Though I'm at uni and your at school.. it would be something to look into?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i remember public high schools are covered by a $2 million work experience policy. well, back in my time anyway.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
i remember public high schools are covered by a $2 million work experience policy. well, back in my time anyway.
That sounds about right,now I remember!!! i remember the chick at legal aid asking me and my CA said the school was covered coz its public...

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i did just two days of work experience this week, no insurance req. Needing insurance may have something to do with the paranoia levels of the company, or the risk level of the work you'll be doing... if it's high-risk experience they have reason to be paranoid! Damned legal issues... always slowing down the action.

on the other hand, who knows, i could've tripped over a G5 Mac and bled to death from an A3-sized paper cut :eek:

thankfully there were no such dramas, nor was the company paranoid :D

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Everyone at my school who does work experience is covered by the department of education/work cover insurance scheme from work experince. I thought insurance was compulsory and provided by the school/department of education. I did work experience for just two days and i was forced to sign a department of education/workcover insurance policy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)