• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why didn’t I get early entry? (1 Viewer)

mybluebanisters

HSC
So i know early entry legit only JUST came out but i feel kind of surprised that i didn’t get any offers yet. What can I do to get an offer for the next round? Why didn’t I get an offer?

I applied at Western Sydney, UNSW, USYD all for primary teaching which is why I’m slightly surprised as I would say i have okay marks and I didn’t think it was a hard to get into that course.

Yr 11 Marks:
English Adv - 100% (rank: 1/78), 92% (rank: 5/74)

English Extension 1 - 90% (rank: 3/13), 93% (rank: 1/10)

Maths Standard 2 - 71% (rank: 59/166), 63% (rank: 65/162)

Visual Arts - 83% (rank: 13/47), 90% (rank: 5/47)

Ancient History - 52% (rank: 12/91), 63% (rank: 9/86)

Modern History - 55% (rank: 15/37), 50% (rank: 16/36)

Society - 63% (rank: 10/31), 70% (rank: 14/33)

I have dropped Society & Modern this year and picked up English Extension 2.

Not trying to put others down, but some of my friends have gotten offers already who have lower grades than me and it feel so stressful to be the only one who hasn’t received an offer for such an “easy” degree. I am soo set on being a primary school teacher, it is basically my dream job. I just feel really defeated and soo burnt out. I don’t know if i should hold out hope or not?

skzza

HSC
I'm not sure about USYD but for UNSW it might've been your personal statement since your grades are definitely good enough for gateway. Which primary teaching degree did you apply for at WSU? Some of them require different subjects which you didn't do so there's a possibility you applied to that by mistake 😱

And don't give up, early entry is just an easier pathway into your degree but you'll definitely make it through standard entry with your atar instead. You got this!! ✊✊

Demons

HSC
So i know early entry legit only JUST came out but i feel kind of surprised that i didn’t get any offers yet. What can I do to get an offer for the next round? Why didn’t I get an offer?

I applied at Western Sydney, UNSW, USYD all for primary teaching which is why I’m slightly surprised as I would say i have okay marks and I didn’t think it was a hard to get into that course.

Yr 11 Marks:
English Adv - 100% (rank: 1/78), 92% (rank: 5/74)

English Extension 1 - 90% (rank: 3/13), 93% (rank: 1/10)

Maths Standard 2 - 71% (rank: 59/166), 63% (rank: 65/162)

Visual Arts - 83% (rank: 13/47), 90% (rank: 5/47)

Ancient History - 52% (rank: 12/91), 63% (rank: 9/86)

Modern History - 55% (rank: 15/37), 50% (rank: 16/36)

Society - 63% (rank: 10/31), 70% (rank: 14/33)

I have dropped Society & Modern this year and picked up English Extension 2.

Not trying to put others down, but some of my friends have gotten offers already who have lower grades than me and it feel so stressful to be the only one who hasn’t received an offer for such an “easy” degree. I am soo set on being a primary school teacher, it is basically my dream job. I just feel really defeated and soo burnt out. I don’t know if i should hold out hope or not?
Also keep in mind, that there are multiple offer rounds for early entry which are based upon when you submitted your application, so don't lose hope, yet it could just be that you submitted for the second round of offers for each university.

mybluebanisters

HSC
I'm not sure about USYD but for UNSW it might've been your personal statement since your grades are definitely good enough for gateway. Which primary teaching degree did you apply for at WSU? Some of them require different subjects which you didn't do so there's a possibility you applied to that by mistake 😱

And don't give up, early entry is just an easier pathway into your degree but you'll definitely make it through standard entry with your atar instead. You got this!! ✊✊
thank you so much!! i’m actually super dumb i hadn’t applied on UNSW & USYD websites for early entry, only on UAC which i believe haven’t come out yet? And I applied to western’s website after the cutoff date so hopefully i’ll find out in the next round 😅😅😅😅

skzza

HSC
thank you so much!! i’m actually super dumb i hadn’t applied on UNSW & USYD websites for early entry, only on UAC which i believe haven’t come out yet? And I applied to western’s website after the cutoff date so hopefully i’ll find out in the next round 😅😅😅😅
omgg thats good then but I don't think theres any early entry for USYD but if you're eligible for gateway you should fill out the application asap^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)