• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

who here listens to mandopop? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
do any active ppl here listen to mandopop? or is it completely dead outside of taiwan/mainland?

i swear mandopop isn't heard as much nowadays... :/

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Hmmm Mandarin Pop, I'm assuming.

I don't at the moment, but suggest some good artists?

crazysexycool

HSC
Mandopop, and Asian pop at the moment sucks ass. Shit is run by these clones of 'idol-groups' who look, sound and act the same. What happened to 90's pop, atleast the boybands and girlgroups talked about relevant things and confronted social issues.

HSC
Uni Grad
Mandopop, and Asian pop at the moment sucks ass. Shit is run by these clones of 'idol-groups' who look, sound and act the same. What happened to 90's pop, atleast the boybands and girlgroups talked about relevant things and confronted social issues.
agreed =_=
jay chou used to make extremely good music about adultly themes
david tao's songs used to have heaps of meaning...

fuck i swear it's getting worse... it's time for someone to overturn the mandopop industry back to the days of the 90s and the times of jay chou's success, where the mandopop songs had much much more meaning than the songs right now...

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Are there any inherent differences between most mando and cantopop, other than the language? Just wondering, I hardly listen to either.

Like when you compare jpop and kpop, in most cases the differences are pretty big.

HSC
Uni Grad
Are there any inherent differences between most mando and cantopop, other than the language? Just wondering, I hardly listen to either.

Like when you compare jpop and kpop, in most cases the differences are pretty big.
hmm I doubt there's much difference between mandopop and cantopop, but often or not, mandopop seems a lot more diverse than cantopop, and also many cantopop songs often lack originality =_=
I also reckon the mandopop seem better on vocals compared with the rest of the asian pop music... kpop music don't emphasize much on vocals - more on music videos and looks..

Bendent

HSC
i hear really nice songs in TQC and in china but really those are artists that i assume are not famous and most people don't know about

Bendent

HSC
kpop however in reality is not very famous in WORLD. if you ask a normal percentage or people most people aren't into that stuff. like the average person, especially adolescents. some are not into that type, some don't know etc. however jpop and of course american music lol is more popular to the average person. i'm serious.

Bendent

HSC
the thing with kpop especially is the 'niche' mket is too 'powerful' i can't really explain it lol but it's too focused on 'asianess or korean' <----- e.g. when you hear it you think 'korean' 'kpop' but with other music styles from other countries 'that country type doesnt automaticaly doesnt come to mind that's more global.

Last edited:

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
I like Chinese pop music very much (Jay Chou is my favourite). However, I do listen to Korean pop from time-to-time. They have really good melodies and catchy tunes.

jnney

lemon
HSC
M and C pop are both pretty crap. Most of them can't actually sing nor dance..well, especially live. There are only few well known artists, and I don't understand why that is. I'm secretly hoping that the companies are hardcore training some future stars right now so that during the next few years Taiwan and HK can revive its fame. The film industry can do with a bit of a lift too.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
kpop however in reality is not very famous in WORLD. if you ask a normal percentage or people most people aren't into that stuff. like the average person, especially adolescents. some are not into that type, some don't know etc. however jpop and of course american music lol is more popular to the average person. i'm serious.
not for long

kpop taking over baby

HSC
N/A
I like Chinese pop music very much (Jay Chou is my favourite). However, I do listen to Korean pop from time-to-time. They have really good melodies and catchy tunes.
Jay Chou - hawt actor.
Sings alright-okay-ish songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)