• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When do we talk about Trade Weighted Index?? (1 Viewer)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
So what kind of essay question would they ask for us to talk about the Trade Weighted Index?? ..

Let me rephrase dat ...

In what types of Essay question do we talk about the Trade Weighted Index?

SPYKE_JOE

exchange rate dats d only one dat is well suited for it

apart from dat it will b in short answer

furrycatau

HSC
N/A
TWI is only really needed to be talked about with exchange rate, as it shows how competitive a currency is against a basket of other currencies (the major trading partners of the first country).

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
so do I just say "how competitive a currency is against a basket of other currencies (the major trading partners of the first country)"?? .. I mean, but how does it relate to exchange rate?? .. Don't exchange rate essay mainly just consists of appreciation and depreciation, and the causes, and the effects of them? .. and also how the RBA intervene into the FOREX market etc .. I just don't know how to relate TWI into dat essay...

SPYKE_JOE

demonstarte that echange rates can be bilateral or multilateral (TWI), shows how AU is real eco performance, they can go diff directions, its just a way to write another 1-2paragraghs

furrycatau

HSC
N/A
The exchange rate essay may ask to evaluate its performance. The TWI evaluates a currency's performance against the currency's of its major trading partners. Other than that, it may not be relevant, but is an indicator of how the currency is performing against its major trading partners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)