• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is the best way to study for yearlies? eg yr 11 yearly exams (1 Viewer)

chardy2651

HSC
I do English standard
2 unit math
economics
business studies
geography
financial services/tafe

What are good ways to study for these subjects for the yr 11 yearlies? and how important are the yearlies?
any past experience or comments

thanks

Smile12345

HSC
I do English standard
2 unit math
economics
business studies
geography
financial services/tafe

What are good ways to study for these subjects for the yr 11 yearlies? and how important are the yearlies?
any past experience or comments

thanks
One way - Past Papers - You have any for business studies?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Best way to study for yearlies is by studying :p! But in all seriousness start early (I've got just over two weeks till my yearlies) and I have started studying

For maths - Past papers
Economics/Geo/Business - A combination of past papers and notes (Revise notes first than move on to past papers)
English - Know your texts inside and out! For the unseen section practise HSC past papers and get someone good at english (preferably a teacher) to mark it.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Where can I obtain past papers for preliminary? I can only find HSC/trial one's out there :(

pigas

HSC
@HSC2014: It's difficult for me too to find past papers. However I found some dot point books at my school library for preliminary. Your school library might have some - they are basically questions related to the syllabus, like exam questions and they really help.

Also I am not sure if they will let you but it's worth a try - you could ask your teachers if they have any they can print for you.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Even then, I would prefer to go over foundations and be sure to cover syllabus dot points extensively (to study for yearlies) rather than do past papers. Was just curious as to how everyone was doing 'past papers' when I've found none other than from tutor :p

chardy2651

HSC
For studying for yearlies is it better to write all the notes of the subject the content or take bored of studies resources notes on the topic which is better for studying for yearly exam?write your own or take there notes?Which one gets you better marks?

macrazy

HSC
If you have the time, writing your own notes is best, but it can be useful to use those resources in creating your notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)