• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do i put in drama summary?? (1 Viewer)

butterflybek

HSC
Hey drama students/veryhelpful adults!
i was wondering what should i include in my drama summary book?
Im studying CATP (Contemp. Aust. Theatre Prac.)-7SOG and R.M and Brecht- Mother courage and The Caucasian Chalk Circle
Im having trouble beacuse we studied it at the end of last year and begining of this year. CANT REMEMBER!

:burn:loves year 12... pppfftt who says that

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Well...You should put in themes and issues that you can remember you studied, any 'workshops' or performances of the plays you did or had seen, and possible techniques that can be used in the performance by both actors, designers and other practitioners

butterflybek

HSC
thanks for the quick reply :) yeah i put in some quotes and some ideas for essays and points about performances i have seen and things i did in class... i hope its enough!

thanks for your help

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Yeah, that's pretty much what we did in our class...should be enough. When it comes to essays, I pretty much got 3 pages (and these pages are probably one and a half-ish of an HSC booklet).

No problemo

MatildaR

HSC
You have to talk about the themes, context and theatrical techniques (realism, naturalism.)

7 Stages:
Deals with grief, pain and suffering felt by Aboriginal peoples in the 20th century, uses the techniques of epic theatre

RM:
Looks at the pressure to fit in to suburban environment, archetypical fairy tale characters, done in absurd style

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)