• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Want to apply for cadetship in first year uni but planning to pursue double degree (1 Viewer)

SmallCalves

HSC
Hey, I just finished the 2014 HSC and am beginning uni in 2015. I am planning to undertake a course in commerce (accounting + finance) / science (physchology). I am choosing to take science out of interest and to add variety to lectures.

I hope to become a cadet at one of the big four and wish to apply first year. I've researched that the majority of them only select those doing a three year course.

Since I know entry is competitive and I am not guaranteed entry, would it be a good idea to do com/sci and drop sci if I am successful?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Re: Want to apply for cadetship in first year uni but planning to pursue double degre

Hey, I just finished the 2014 HSC and am beginning uni in 2015. I am planning to undertake a course in commerce (accounting + finance) / science (physchology). I am choosing to take science out of interest and to add variety to lectures.

I hope to become a cadet at one of the big four and wish to apply first year. I've researched that the majority of them only select those doing a three year course.

Since I know entry is competitive and I am not guaranteed entry, would it be a good idea to do com/sci and drop sci if I am successful?
Yes you can do that, just communicate the fact that you'll drop it if you get the cadetship during the interview,it does happen.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Want to apply for cadetship in first year uni but planning to pursue double degre

Yes you can do that, just communicate the fact that you'll drop it if you get the cadetship during the interview,it does happen.
This. But be honest about your intentions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)