• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

VAPD crisis (1 Viewer)

Insouciance

HSC
I had started my VAPD - images, experiments, notes etc - and my VAPD was marked in an assessment - rather badly, actually.

I use my garden shed as a sort of studio and my parents store stuff there too. The Post-Christmas clean out resulted in me losing many pieces of my art work, none as precious as my VAPD. It's gone to the tip.

So, I've gone and bought myself a new VAPD, exactly the same as my old one and started again. Obviously, it can't be remarked, but at a later assessment, could the fact I had to start over affect my mark negatively? Or at all?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Maybe you could write that in your VAPD ..... Then try and remember all the stuff you put into your old one and try and put it in your new one .... Think of it as a fresh start, If you got bad marks for your first assessment use this new VAPD to outdo yourself and put all the material in that your teacher marked you down for not having.

lunatique56

Insouciance said:
I had started my VAPD - images, experiments, notes etc - and my VAPD was marked in an assessment - rather badly, actually.

I use my garden shed as a sort of studio and my parents store stuff there too. The Post-Christmas clean out resulted in me losing many pieces of my art work, none as precious as my VAPD. It's gone to the tip.

So, I've gone and bought myself a new VAPD, exactly the same as my old one and started again. Obviously, it can't be remarked, but at a later assessment, could the fact I had to start over affect my mark negatively? Or at all?
I'm in the same situation. Our VAPD's were collected last week and EVERYONE except my friend and I had prototypes of some sort to present. At that point, my VAPD was full of mashed up, fragmented ideas and Ir eally REALLY didnot want to submit it. So now, knowing I'd get a really appaling mark, just wondering how much it'd affect my mark. Do you know the weighting of ur VAPD mark? if so..u can determine whether it'd greatly affect ur asess. mark in the end. mine's worth about 20 percent i think. bah. im screwed.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Your vapd doesnt have to be an "art book" as such---- I say, since u have lost yours tragically (i gather from slim glance of ur post) get out your cam corder and make a doco, lol, make one of those "diary type" entry things....explain everything you've done, and what has happened (thus explaining art process) and how this could effect your work either negatively or postively, mayb also....if u want to rummage some more marks...whatever your "issue/concept is" interview ppl, like art teachers, artists, and even the general audience...on how they feel about your concept or anything remotely linked to what u are doing. Lol, if you are doing a work that is based on movement in life, eg, whether it be elemental like wind, water etc or physical- bodies etc. go talk to ppl (lol, with yout camcorder- cos this is so much quicker then note taking, and much more raw and real)-----go talk to surfers, land and water conservation places...insane things like that, because u never know where u will find the best inspiration or moreover you dont know what will be the source of this inspiration.

Last edited:

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
btw vapd's should be FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

winicat

HSC
Skillo said:
VAPDs aren't part of external assessment, rather just a diary of ideas.
this is a really important point to remember but it doesn't stop the VAPD being important to you. don't forget though that it can be called on by examiners to clarify anything when they are viewing your work.

your VAPD can be anything you want it to be so, unless you have another assessment for it, stuff your teacher and just do whatever you want for it! mainly just use it as its name suggests: a process diary. diarise your process so you can easily adjust your ideas and concept and show this process chronologically.

i don't think you have to worry about recreating what you lost in an exact copy. just jot down the main points and outline what happened and that should suffice.

like the above states, the VAPD should be fun. it is your's and you should do whatever you like in it: draw, paint, create mini artworks, paste in photos, whinge and whine, whack in research, whatever. it can even just be a box with stuff thrown in it (as one of my peers did last year..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)