• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS nursing > UTS nursing transfer (1 Viewer)

kentonite

HSC
How hard will it be for me to get an offer to transfer from UWS.
I'm pretty pissed off at my HSC mark last year (71.50) i was 4 points away from a programme that would give me $5000 and a ipad if i got a 75 atar i would get into usyd advanced nursing. I think this is mainly because of personal reasons such as getting bullied in class and breaking up with my ex girlfriend and seeing her date with my so called friend. and having 6 subjects and especially chemistry which i despised -_- because my bro and sis forced me to do only bbut i tried and got help from my teacher with questions only to get a band 3 in it -_-.

I'd like to transfer from UWS. I mean no offence to the UWS faculty its a great place the students are smart and its up to date with all the nursing stuff that nursing schools have. I mean i also did get a free iPad from UWS and the environment is very relaxed but i seek the city environment. The only downside for me is that it takes me about 2 hours to get home cause the bus there doesn't come every 5 minutes. and the high school bully is coming into my course and i want to get away from him and also i want to get away from one of my previous ex girlfriends who is also studdying at the uni.
Its just that i would love to study at UTS i mean its near everything that a young adult would love to visit. like shops arcade food places and i'd love to see the bay everyday i go to school i think that would be amazing. and also the university is near the train station so that means no waiting for the bus.

O ye and i have a friend thats getting into university of sydney through some sort of college programme and he only got 62 Atar. i smashed him in 2 unit religion and biology in ranks and assessments
and i have another friend going into macquarie and i was smashing him with ranks in both 2 unit math and english standard. i was rank 5th in english standard (my english is not reflecting on this thread) and got a 79 score (-_-) and for 2 unit maths i got a 78 -_-.
and another friend whos getting into uts architecture. because he was like a big help to the school and did errands like designing the school varsity jackets and he was barely in english class in year 12.

I know this is wrong but idk how the heck they are getting into those universities i'm jealous of them -_- maybe they do deserve it idk im just having self doubt in myself right now. sorry for the side story above. but what GPA do u think i need to transfer to UTS nursing or Usyd healthscience/ masters in nursing. and do u think i can continue studying onto second year in those unis?

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
well generally in order to transfer through uni's it takes into account 50% WAM/50% HSC mark. into usyd it is 50% WAM/50% HSC mark or 100% WAM which ever is higher. But I would recommend you to just study your hardest and not to worry about it too much now. If you do well enough you will be able to transfer into UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)