• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

usyd law (1 Viewer)

dancegal

HSC
i know, i know, the 'will i get a transfer' thing has been done to death....but i just need to confirm....
A USYD law transfer on a (relatively) lowly UAI of 98.95 and a close to D avergage, but Credit average is impossible right??
Ohhh im REALLY starting to regret being so slack this year. I really wanted to do law :( so unless there are no other applications, i guess its grad law for me. ha ive answered my own q.
sorry ppls!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no its very possible. but u know what you should do: actually talk to the fucking student centre. theyll tell you last year's exact cutoffs with your uai.
we dont work at the uni. why ask us?

HSC
dancegal said:
i know, i know, the 'will i get a transfer' thing has been done to death....but i just need to confirm....
A USYD law transfer on a (relatively) lowly UAI of 98.95 and a close to D avergage, but Credit average is impossible right??
Ohhh im REALLY starting to regret being so slack this year. I really wanted to do law :( so unless there are no other applications, i guess its grad law for me. ha ive answered my own q.
sorry ppls!
How the fuck can you get ~99 but only manage a credit average? :/

stazi

Nightman
HSC
she probably doesnt do your subjects :p
if she's doing things like ECMT, GOVT etc its relatively hard to get a d average .
also, note that shes thinking about it in GPA, thus a credit average could be marks of 74 for all subjects.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and that said ive met a girl who got 99. something and shes the dumbest person ive ever met.

her work1001 essay literally (no exaggeration):

'www.dictionary.com defines industrial relations as Relations between the management of an industrial enterprise and its employees. A search on www.google.com shows 59,500,000 matches for the term, thus industrial relations is important.'

it was also written in pencil.

once she thought she had a blood clot (which was just a vein she hasnt seen before) so she started franticly biting on it trying to remove it and hitting it against thingss.

i also convinced her that her brother was gay and i saw him having anal at a party. she was so sad and nearly cried.

HSC
stazi said:
oh and that said ive met a girl who got 99. something and shes the dumbest person ive ever met.

her work1001 essay literally (no exaggeration):

'www.dictionary.com defines industrial relations as Relations between the management of an industrial enterprise and its employees. A search on www.google.com shows 59,500,000 matches for the term, thus industrial relations is important.'

it was also written in pencil.

once she thought she had a blood clot (which was just a vein she hasnt seen before) so she started franticly biting on it trying to remove it and hitting it against thingss.

i also convinced her that her brother was gay and i saw him having anal at a party. she was so sad and nearly cried.
This chick sounds as stupid as someone who approached us during SRC elections. She wouldn't happen to have brown hair and be really, really hot would she?
EDIT: Actually "really, really" is a bit of an exaggeration, but very goable.

dancegal

HSC
how'd i get a credit average? u try getting D's for ACCT & ECMT - yuk! :(
emailed the student center.....and they said a transfer is very unlikely unless i get like all D's for semester 2 which isnt going to happen or unless the standard drops this year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think you can only apply ONCE for law transfer. if youre not getting the marks, dont apply

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
stazi said:
i think you can only apply ONCE for law transfer. if youre not getting the marks, dont apply
Mmm, I'm pretty sure for USyd and UNSW Law you can only apply if you've done 1 year of uni, no more

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Seeing as this thread has served its purpose, I just have a few question for you manlychief.

I know you will probably have bias towards Usyd, but in the context of grad law, would you recommend Usyd over UNSW? (by the way, i dont care about the aesthetic features of the campuses)

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
sikeveo said:
Seeing as this thread has served its purpose, I just have a few question for you manlychief.

I know you will probably have bias towards Usyd, but in the context of grad law, would you recommend Usyd over UNSW? (by the way, i dont care about the aesthetic features of the campuses)
For gradlaw, aesthetics don't come into play since it's done at the USyd law school in Philip Street, aka the Pebblecrete Dungeon (it's really Dante's long lost Tenth Circle of Hell :)), which I guess is almost the same as doing it at UNSW :D

I really do not know enough about UNSW grad law to make an intelligent comparison and I wouldn't want to inflame anyone ... my official opinion is: "both are good schools, each with their own pro and contra points. I think the differences are small and the decision will come down to non-academic factors, it's the vibe, it's Mabo etc etc". :)

Sorry not to be of more help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)