• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni Excursions (1 Viewer)

Calla

HSC
How often generally do students at uni get to go on outings or excursions?...........has anyone gone somewhere cool?

X

xeuyrawp

Calla said:
How often generally do students at uni get to go on outings or excursions?...........has anyone gone somewhere cool?
Bio students at Macquarie spend a week out in some random swampland.

If you're doing Ancient History/Science/Archaeology at Macquarie, you can also go on an excavation over seas. :D

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
not really exciting ...went and did prac for a couple of hours at westmead and liverpool hospital

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
In law we do placements (although from what Ive read around here UOW is the only law school that do placements), but really, only having to attend 2-3 days a week, you could have your own (arguably more exciting!) excursions on your days off!

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
as an ag student we do excursions to farms and stuff... although a lot of them take either a whole weekend or all day saturday or sunday... so that kinda sucks but they are compulsory so you don't really have a choice

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
We got to go to on a camp at Minnamurra Rainforest in first year as part of a subjects work.

For a geology elective that I picked we also got to go to on an excursion to Kiama and Bathurst.

Another subject (which I didn't do), there was a camp for 3 days down at Kiama.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
We don't get excursions per se. We do prac...oh, actually, I lie, we had 1 excursion this year...but it was just to another building ON CAMPUS (!!!) to see the 4th years exhibition.

X

xeuyrawp

MiuMiu said:
In law we do placements (although from what Ive read around here UOW is the only law school that do placements), but really, only having to attend 2-3 days a week, you could have your own (arguably more exciting!) excursions on your days off!
I think UNCLE do placements as well? From memory, they have some sort of free-advice centre where they send students...

We have several placements as well, but they're units that you take.

SweetSeasons

HSC
In geochemistry at UWS you go on a 4 day expidition in your uni break... to look at rocks down some place near victoria

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
In geochemistry at UWS you go on a 4 day expidition in your uni break... to look at rocks down some place near victoria
Luckily I didn't choose that subject :p

Just remembered another 2 excursions.
- Blue mountains and the edge cinema
- Some Aboriginal play at the rocks.

5 excursions in 2 years.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Some subjects that I have done have required us to go to certain areas and investigate an issue firsthand.

Some places that I've done assignments in include:
- Royal National Park
- Ku-ring-gai chanse National Park
- Taronga Zoo

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Haha, 'excursions'. Sounds so...primary school.

You can do a legal centre/advocacy placement as a subject if you study law. And contrary to an earlier post, virtually every law school has this.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My first day as a "student doctor" was an all expenses paid trip to the zoo. Later that semester we had rural week, which was a geezer observation trail by day and an ear-bursting pissup by night. Next semester we had various patient visits at a nursing home and a tour of the cardiology unit at our teaching hospitals.

That was first year. More to come.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
My excursion was cooler than all your crap excursions. We went to Malabar wastewater treatment plant (aka the sydney poo filter). That and a council meeting.

Last edited:

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I hated going to poo farms during high school for chemistry. I went twice. This one time, someone threw a rock into the rock pool we were walking over on a platform, the poo splashed up and got my friend.
Funny, yet unfortunate

*shudders*.

rumour

HSC
A few of my friends got to go on a weekend trip to the beach for Resources, Environment & Society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)