• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

undergrad Med at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

freq707

HSC
how is this uni seen in comparison to other uni's - for hopeful students that is...like would many people put this as first prefence or does everyone usually go more for the sydney uni's?
i dont want to go to sydney at all, coz im at unsw now and travel around 2.5hrs just to get to uni and the same home, so newcastle wuld half that at least!

this is going to be my top preference uni for med, hoping with all my heart that my UMAT marks can get me an interview at least - this will more than anything give me confirmation that my dreams arent ridiculous
but i cant fit in umat prep right now as its exam period, and i havent done anything for like a month with all my assessments and stuff and starting to worry...getting into medicine is literally the only thing i want right now and would just be amazing!

fallingstar

HSC
you're already studying at unsw... why are you going for undergrad med?

not postgrad?

freq707

HSC
yer i am already at unsw
but im only in 2nd year, and just want to be in med!
if i get in next year, then its the same amount of time if i were to graduate then to grad medicine
i have a friend in undergrad at necastle this year, so also figure she can keep her work and help me being just one year ahead haha, as well as friends there i want to see and other friends also applying for undergrad med there next year

and i have heaps of umat prep stuff, and think umat will be waay easier than the gamsat :|

im going to be 100% confident and say ill get in, but say if i didnt get in id just do gamsat next year, but my question still stands about peoples preference in regards to newcastle, any help?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
yer i am already at unsw
but im only in 2nd year, and just want to be in med!
if i get in next year, then its the same amount of time if i were to graduate then to grad medicine
i have a friend in undergrad at necastle this year, so also figure she can keep her work and help me being just one year ahead haha, as well as friends there i want to see and other friends also applying for undergrad med there next year

and i have heaps of umat prep stuff, and think umat will be waay easier than the gamsat :|

im going to be 100% confident and say ill get in, but say if i didnt get in id just do gamsat next year, but my question still stands about peoples preference in regards to newcastle, any help?
Try posting this in the UNCLE forum. Not sure if there are many BOS members doing Med at Newie, but I know a fair few outside the online community here that are doing B.Med there.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
all med degree's are the same, in the end.
it doesn't matter where you graduate, you'll have a MBBS (or in the case of Newcastle, B.Med) beside your name.

Medical degree's all have to be of high quality. if they weren't, people's lives would be at stake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)