• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UCAT new question type? (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Has there been a new question type in the ucat for DM? I realised that there's this newish-looking table question asking to find probabilities of certain things in the stimulus. Last time I checked, I can't recall ever seeing this type of qn. Has there been a change?

Last edited:

SmolBrain

HSC
Has there been a new question type in the ucat for DM? I realised that there's this newish-looking table question asking to find probabilities of certain things in the stimulus. Last time I checked, I can't recall ever seeing this type of qn. Has there been a change?
pls no im gonna cry

gamja

HSC
No, I don't think so. I think you're meaning questions that you have to choose true/false and a justification to a stimulus with percentages

e.g. plane 1 has a 40% failing test A and 30% chance of succeeding test B.. plane 2 has a 50% chance failing test A and 75% chance of failing test B - which one is a better plane?

Plane B, because...
Plane B, because...
Plane A, because...
Plane A, because...

These types of questions have been in the DM test for a while now under the other true/false/justification question type

(I may have misunderstood ur type of question but oh well)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
why is your UCAT goal 5th %?!??!
don't you mean 95 %?

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
No, I don't think so. I think you're meaning questions that you have to choose true/false and a justification to a stimulus with percentages

e.g. plane 1 has a 40% failing test A and 30% chance of succeeding test B.. plane 2 has a 50% chance failing test A and 75% chance of failing test B - which one is a better plane?

Plane B, because...
Plane B, because...
Plane A, because...
Plane A, because...

These types of questions have been in the DM test for a while now under the other true/false/justification question type

nah like it resembled something you'd see in QR. there was a table and I think they wanted me to use conditional probability. Its seems pretty new to me idk. I finished the full DM practice tests so Ik for a fact that they only just released this because I've done been prepping since last yr now and never have I encountered a qn in DM with this level of maths involved. IDK I must've been drunk off the ginger beer the night I saw the qn maybe, bc Idk why ucat would put conditional probability into a dm test.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC

Plane B, because...
Plane B, because...
Plane A, because...
Plane A, because...

Nah dude those qns are practically free marks ngl. I always struggle w those stupid drag and drop qns 💀 (they always have to be so damn specific)

Last edited:

gamja

HSC
nah like it resembled something you'd see in QR. there was a table and I think they wanted me to use conditional probability. Its seems pretty new to me idk. I finished the full DM practice tests so Ik for a fact that they only just released this because I've done been prepping since last yr now and never have I encountered a qn in DM with this level of maths involved. IDK I must've been drunk off the ginger beer the night I saw the qn maybe, bc Idk why ucat would put conditional probability into a dm test.
bruh conditional probability?! :(

ss or it didn't happen

gamja

HSC
also shouldn't this be in the medicine and health subforum? mods lacking today ig

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
why is your goal 5th percentile in UCAT if you want 99.9 atar??
or have i misunderstood your signature

kkk579

hello
HSC
ginger beer got no alc (ik ur sarcastic i just had to say it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)