• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI predictions? (1 Viewer)

HSC
These are the subjects i'm doing and my results so far:

English Advance - 88%
English Ext 1 - 88%
English Ext 2 - 87%
Economics - 90%
Business Studies - 90%
Genral Maths - 69%

with these mark wat is my estimated UAI?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Because different school mark to different standards, with just the marks from your assessments it is difficult to know what UAI you are likely to get. However if you ask your teachers what they think you may get for your HSC mark, and then put that into SAM you can get a better idea.

doink

Clone
HSC
If you get anything under a band 6 for gen. maths your uai will suffer immensely and anything below a band 6 for business as well, that being said getting a b6 in those subjects does not necessarily mean it will scale up it will just scale down less. If you let up you will do really bad.

ccc123

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
You are too far out to provide an estimation.

I wish people would realise this before posting shit threads.

IF YOU KEEP UP THOSE MARKS YOU WILL GET 95 BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP THEM UP!

god damn internet.

qft X 100. I'm so over these 'estimate my UAI plz' posts:

Get consistantly good marks/ ranks and you'll get a good UAI, get consistantly shit marks/ranks and you'll get a shit UAI. Its not that hard to comprehend.

nottellingu

HSC
I dont know, uve got urself in a very delicate situation with general maths 69% Unless ur ranked 1st or something

me121

Premium Member
HSC
ccc123 said:
Get consistantly good marks/ ranks and you'll get a good UAI, get consistantly shit marks/ranks and you'll get a shit UAI.
But that's the problem, students don't have any concept of what is a good mark and what is a bad mark, because there are so many factors that determine standards of marks.

markkel

HSC
N/A
Estimated UAI 91.8
if you keep it up
correct me If I'm wrong :)

ciao!

jcurry

HSC
wouldnt a ranking of what your coming at the moment be more valid then marks
idk im no expert

me121

Premium Member
HSC
jcurry said:
wouldnt a ranking of what your coming at the moment be more valid then marks
idk im no expert
well.. if you are coming near the bottom of your class at james ruse, you may be doing better than coming first in your class at some crap school.

Just as a side note, I think that UAI predictions could be more able to be estimated from just your school assessment marks if a system is created that takes into account your school, your schools past performance, and other's marks. however you would need a lot of students marks in the system for it to work, something which is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

jcurry

HSC
me121 said:
well.. if you are coming near the bottom of your class at james ruse, you may be doing better than coming first in your class at some crap school.
true
so what would matter is your rank inschool and also your schools rank?
and of course the hsc at the end

me121

Premium Member
HSC
jcurry said:
true
so what would matter is your rank inschool and also your schools rank?
and of course the hsc at the end
not exactly, because the quality of students changes from year to year. I still think, that at this early stage your best estimation of your UAI will come from your teachers predictions of you HSC mark for each subject, and then putting those marks into SAM.

jcurry

HSC
me121 said:
not exactly, because the quality of students changes from year to year. I still think, that at this early stage your best estimation of your UAI will come from your teachers predictions of you HSC mark for each subject, and then putting those marks into SAM.
ok thanks, all this calculations for uai still confuses me

steff_max

HSC
yeah estimating now is stupid. your school marks mean pretty much nothing. i got like 52% in my maths trial in year 12 and ended up getting 92 in maths for hsc. so it doesn't make any sense to estimate your uai on marks from school.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
steff_max said:
so it doesn't make any sense to estimate your uai on marks from school.
Yeah. Yet every year, people still put their trial marks straight into SAM, and think thats what UAI they will get!

Your school does not have to (and most of the time does not) award marks based on the HSC performance band descriptors. Hence, there is no relation between your trial mark and what that would equate to as a HSC mark!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)