• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI estimation and shedding some light to the naive (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I posted this before but i dont' think it got posted properly?

I need a reality check ..... because my expectations for a UAI have gone drastically down
these are my trial marks and my assessment rankings

Business studies trial= 83 (exam rank 14/112) assessment ranking 11/112 (85.25%)

Economics trial =81% (exam rank 10) assessment ranking 14/37 81%

English Advanced- trial 72% (exam rank 48/160) assessment ranking 50/160) 79%

IPT-:chainsaw: trial- 72% (exam rank 18/107), assessment 76% ranking 25/107

GENERAL maths- trial 79% (exam rank 17/188), assessment 76.5% ranking (30/188)

What i think i'll realistically get for the HSC .... :( raw marks what i actually got in the hsc exam without all that alignment stuff

Advanced English 86% (i'm pretty sure i've improved since trials hehe i actually finished the paper this time and i fixed up my essays
Business studies 82% :chainsaw: (stupid last question!!)
IPT- err i dunno i'll probably get 75-85%? (IPT hates me for some reason)
General Maths- errrm 86 n maybe reach 91% :confused:
Economics- i plan to kill this subject but i'll most definately get in the 80's but yea depending on my essays i know i can get low 90's i.e 91 hehehe

Is it possible to get a UAI of exactly 90?? hahaha im not aiming for more because err thats seriously setting myself up for disapointment..:(.should i expect 84+ or is that setting myself up for disapointment too? should i expect 70's or 60's :( can i expect a UAI of exactly 90? I really don't want to set myself an unrealistic aim because i know i probably wont be able to handle the disapointment.

Oh yeah and my school does pretty kewlz but we aint all that... our dux last year got 99.6 or something and about 50-60? out of 400 students? people got 90+ last year UAI wise but yeahh theres still people at our school that get 30s, 40s as well
:( I goto st marys senior
All i need is 68.9 or something to get into the course i want i can expect that right? (thats the uai cut off at UWS i dun really want to go there but economics at sydney, maq, unsw are all early 90's

Anne
PS: I'de just like to take this opportunity to say that the HSC sucks and the HSC really does challenge you and it also makes you realise your limitations, i thought i had unlimited potential before that i just havn't been using...(psht).. i thought i was the crammer masteress! but err freak dat I'm just a stupid, naive lil HSC student that thought everything would come my way. To all new hsc students doing their HSC next year... good luck, start early, don't cram, sleep before the exam (do not chuck all niters like i have for all these exams and goto into the exam tired as a dog and most of all... don't give up! try your hardest or you'll hate yourself after.... sleep to survive... don't set urself up for disapointment

toknblackguy

HSC
for one
i wouldn't reccomend reposting like that cause it's spamming and you can get kicked for it
and i really don't wanna give any advice atm, cause it could give you an undue sense of accompishment or an undue lack of self esteem...perhaps it's best to leave it to the ppl who bought the uai seeker thing...
good luck!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
heyy no no pleaseee give me advice!! plz plz plz plz plz plz
i can take like seriously!! :D:D:d
and im sorry for the spam

toknblackguy

HSC
well i'm not sure about your school..is it in the top 20 or something?
because your ranks are qwuite good and yoru hsc raw marks are good so IMO you're looking at way higher than 85
but that's based on crap :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
seriously, if you want UAI predicted, post concise information.

Don't add a whole lot of junk that clutters up your post and makes it hard to read.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
faaar!!! 99% of the uai predictors wouldn't even bother reading ya post, let alone predict for u. :D

edit: i think ur lookin' at the low 80s.

Last edited:

sneeble

You need a lesson in formatting ;\

Reading that is like trying to decipher some kind of cryptic message.

Anyway, it's pretty hard to call seeing as you're so uncertain about your marks. I'd say 90+ is possible, but unlikely. ~85 is estimate.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Business studies trial 83 rank 14/112
assessment 11/112 85.25%
Economics trial- 81% rank 10/37
assessment 14/37 81%
English Advanced- trial 72% 48/160
assessment 50/160 79%
IPT- trial- 72% 18/107
assessment 76% 25/107
GENERAL maths- trial 79% 17/188
assessment 76.5% 30/188

RAW MARK HSC
Advanced English 86
Business studies 82
IPT- 79
General Maths- 91
Economics- 91

I got a government senior high school- that does pretty good so we're not one of the shit ones... however my school is not in the top 50 or anything.

I'm sorryz people... i know it must've been hard on the eye and thank you to the people who even bothered to look through it

sneeble

Are you on drugs? That's just about as bad as the first post!

Try this format!

SUBJECT - RANK IN CLASS - ASSESSMENT MARK - TRIAL MARK.
eg. English Adv - 48/160 - 72%.

*10#

chill out claire girl u only got another of couple of weeks til u find out - just go have fun for awhile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)