• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI estimate if I go to a top 3 school? (1 Viewer)

S

s2s2s2

THanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

boris

Banned
HSC
man...

Mid-high 80s maybe. IT'S TOO HARD TO TELL THIS EARLY IN YEAR 12 WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THIS?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Your marks dont count - your ranks do. No one here can help you becuase we have no idea how you are doing in compartison with the rest of your school or state.

Biology does not scale that badly, and if you do well in it, it is good for your HSC (obviously not in the same respects as extension subjects etc) but well enough.

cs01001

HSC
You are bound to get 99+ UAI if you go a top 3 school, like almost guarnteed assuming you do a fair amount of work.

S

s2s2s2

boris said:
man...

Mid-high 80s maybe. IT'S TOO HARD TO TELL THIS EARLY IN YEAR 12 WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THIS?
er... ok. I know its still early, but MID-high 80s!??! That would make me bottom 9% of the grade, and I don't think I'm quite there yet...
Thanks anyway.

ccc123

HSC
cs01001 said:
You are bound to get 99+ UAI if you go a top 3 school, like almost guarnteed assuming you do a fair amount of work.
Um...no.

Sure, it is advantageous if your cohort performs well as a whole, but this alone will not "guarantee" you a UAI over 99.

The only reasons your high ranked school makes you statistically more likely to achieve a high UAI are:

*Your cohort should do well

and

*As your school is presumably selective, one would expect you have some sort of academic aptitude, and your results reflect this.

NEVERTHELESS:

Your school, albeit highly ranked DOES NOT AND WILL NOT ensure a high UAI. Do not consider this as a criteria for a high UAI; rather, concentrate primarily on sustaining your current standards.

Good Luck.

s2s2s2 said:
er... ok. I know its still early, but MID-high 80s!??! That would make me bottom 9% of the grade, and I don't think I'm quite there yet...
Thanks anyway.

Chill. No one can tell. Maintain your current standards in both internal assessments and the HSC, and you should do well.

Last edited by a moderator:

cs01001

HSC
Well, I was just generalising, and hence the terms of 'almost' and 'assuming' was used. Anyway, I think OP should be fine.

cs01001

HSC
ccc123 said:
haha lol yes! Why? How do you know them?

ps- a mod will prob close this thread soon.
Ruby used to go to my school, and Herman I knew back in HK before I came, lol. I heard they are both doing well, like really well. But I don't know, lol

Ok, I will take my word back.
Going to the top 3 schools ie selective schools will be more advantageous when it comes to moderating, but hard work is still needed to achieve a high UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)