• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Transferring courses/university now (1 Viewer)

glauben

HSC
Hey everyone
I got an atar of 94.5 in the 2013 HSC am currently doing Commerce/Economics at UNSW. However, it is now the beginning of week 4 and I have come to realise that I absolutely hate the course, and I want to change. I want to change into Psychology, preferrably at Macquarie University, which requires an atar of 94.05
Is it still possible to do this?
If I can, how do I do this? Do I need to call them up or something?
If not, what other means is there so that I can do Psychology at Macquarie?

Thanks everyone

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You might have to defer for 6 months and apply again through UAC for semester 2 start.

In the mean time, you have until the census date to drop your 24 UOC without penalty (financial).

So think about it carefully and if you really want to change your program, the first thing you need to do is drop your courses at UNSW.

You have until 31 March which is the census date.

So you really need to use this week carefully to know what you want to do.

All the best :)

AD.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Plus, they have a huge bunch of ppl lining up waiting for this so youd better do this ASAP

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
So to drop, go to myUNSW and then vary enrollment and the drop all 4 subjects you're doing (or however many subjects you do) and this will mean you aren't financially liable for it and as AD said apply through uac for semester 2 intake and hopefully you'll get in.

buriza

conviction
HSC
Hey everyone
I got an atar of 94.5 in the 2013 HSC am currently doing Commerce/Economics at UNSW. However, it is now the beginning of week 4 and I have come to realise that I absolutely hate the course, and I want to change. I want to change into Psychology, preferrably at Macquarie University, which requires an atar of 94.05
Is it still possible to do this?
If I can, how do I do this? Do I need to call them up or something?
If not, what other means is there so that I can do Psychology at Macquarie?

Thanks everyone
As others have said, make sure that you are certain about your decision before you go ahead with everything. I would suggest finalising things on the weekend since you still have until 31 March to withdraw from your units.

Pleased to hear you are planning to come to MQ for psychology. :) I hope you enjoy it here and in fact, feel free to ask me any questions about the course if you decide to go through with this!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
So to drop, go to myUNSW and then vary enrollment and the drop all 4 subjects you're doing (or however many subjects you do) and this will mean you aren't financially liable for it and as AD said apply through uac for semester 2 intake and hopefully you'll get in.
You have to be careful though. You have to physically go to the school office and actually get them to sign you out of it.

I don't think you can add or drop courses after the 9th of March, hence you have to get the school that you are doing the course in to formally sign you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)