• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Too much info for PIP!!! (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Is anyone else finding that 6000 words just isnt enough to cram all your information into your pip?! Its driving me insane!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
YES!
As I became increasingly immersed in my topic via research I have found SO MANY things I want to discuss and evaluate, but the word limit is so constraining.
You're lucky you get 6000 words. I assumed it was the same for everyone, but at my school it's 5000 max.
What's your topic?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Its weird cuz at the beginning of the year i was stressing over how i would get enough info to even come close to the word limit...

My PIPs on testing the validity my bias and my assumed bias of others in regard to the sydney rave scene, and looking into the factors that affect bias. So, my cross cultural comparison is going to be between my personal experience and the greater public knowledge, the setting outs bit different as my PIP is my cross cultural comparison.

Im a little worried cuz the rave scene is a topic thats often done really badly, but it should be ok as mine isnt really focussed around drug use.

whats yours on?

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Yeah, the rave scene is usually poorly done. A girl at my school did it a few years ago and her pip was about 4 pages long and it basically said, "Stereotypes are right, drugs are taken at raves." haha. But I think your sounds interesting and the idea of bias is a different approach, so should be fine :)

My pip is explores whether the imagination of contemporary Australian children is gendered and how imagination, specifically imaginative play, reflects traditional or contemporary gender roles (or a blurring of both). It also delves a bit into cognitive theory, social mores, power and authority structures and the nature/nurture debate. Argh, so many more elements to consider, but that's just the basics so far.

kalii

HSC
yessss i have so much i ned to talk about and i havent evan got 1000 words left. there are so many things i want to add but i have to give a pass..

.. but im abit confused. is the 6000 word limit for the central material along. or is it for the cenbtral material, introducion and conclusion?

completly off on what your talking about but im just wondering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)