• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

the wonderful poetry of wilfred owen (1 Viewer)

iggy pot

damm i wish i went to class more.

what exactly are we meant to know here? apparently we are meant to know all his poems off the top of our heads? is this true? oh man.

pretty heavy how he died like a week before armistice. unlucky man. haha.

danno

lol!

they'll probably ask something where you will need to explain how wilfred owen went against the common beleifs of his time about war. i have basically a whole pile of techniques, and examples from 3 poems: anthem for doomed youth, dulce et decorum est, and the send off. i'll see what the question says, do a bit of relating, and then do all my techniques and stuff, or something like that.

you dont need to know the poems. examples are very helpful, and you need to know the basic idea of his poems.

ben7

i use those 3 poems too. good choices and have the same idea as you.. nice to know eh.

oh yeh iggy pot learn 2 poems well, u could do it in one night, know 6-8 techniques for each do a TEE chart or something. techniqe example effct. then use these in your exam and add topic sentences and a few insightful coments here and there with the question words in it. it all equals an easy 12/20 maybe.

good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)