• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Taking The Plunge (1 Viewer)

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
Im getting dreadlocks. next wednesday.
i promise right now to keep them for a full year [until they mature] no matter how fucked up they get.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
cookie.banana said:
little bit of column a, little bit of column b
im getting dreads for a few reasons. because i get pretty nasty bed hair, so much so that i HAVE to have a shower every morning before going out. and my hair always seems to puff out on side, and curl on the other. i want long hair, but atm its like having a super thick beany and neck warmer constantly on, no air around my neck. and many other reasons.

im keeping them for 1 year bcoz supposedly that is how long it takes for them to fully lock up and actually look f'n awesome. but they start looking presentable enough after 2-3 months.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
Princess Leng said:
dreadlocks are dirty. you have like spiders and shit growing in them.
haha. myth. dreadlocks are washed like any other hair, just no conditioner after the shampoo. when looked after dreadlocks are as clean as, if not cleaner than normal hair. poorly caired for dreads, as like any hair, will be smelly and yukky and all round offensive.
dreads LOOK like they're smelly and dirty for the 1st few months, but this is only temporary, eventually the hair will lock up and look good.

HSC
Nice work dude, I've always wanted dreads but never bothered...

Yeah they're gonna look decent after a few months, but after a year or more they'll start to get epic. (Y)

boris

Banned
HSC
mates got dreds, but they just formed on their own. fucking sick cunt eh? he works as a welder and they pretty much all have dreds

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
thats awesome they formed on their own, its funny that im gonna be investing a lot of time and effort into my hair so it looks like i have spent no time or effort on my hair. i hope they suit me, ill have to post a pic.

Russdog

russell
HSC
cool. i've been thinking for years of getting some sort of dreads but i don't think my hairs long enough at the moment. but yours isn't that much longer than right now.

heres a pic of my hair currently (its not washed and really curly in this pic, but straightened out its a tiny bit shorter than yours): http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=113218637&albumID=162986&imageID=34396678

i'm thinking of either really really thin locks all over, or maybe something cool like this guy's hair in this video: (two locks, one on each side - go to 50 secs in to see). http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=y4_G9CEZ9Cg

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
your hair should be minimum 3 inches all over. but you really want it to be 5-6 inches if you're doing the backcombing method.
personally my hair ranges from cm to 25cm [5'' to 10'']

thin locks are good and allow you to congo them together later on of you wish but if you're doing 100+ thin locks, you'll want at least 2 people working on your hair for a good 6hrs.

Russdog

russell
HSC
percentage-wise how much shorter is a bunch of hair when it's dreaded? if hair only has to be 3 inches, that would make tiny dreads wouildn't it?

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
on average, it'll be 20-30% shorter. but it'll shrink more with straight hair and shrink less with curly hair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)