• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Syllabus dot points. (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
For those who use this technique in terms of study, how do you do so? What structure do you use?

Eg155

HSC
I'm still trying to figure out a structure really. I so scared of adding too much irrelevancy and not enough to answer the questions because BOS have a tendency to ask questions that are only very loosely related to the syllabus dot point. Not very explicit qs :L

However, my modern teacher told us we should link the top points 'key ideas' or whatever it's called to the syllabus points following.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
I used the syllabus for Business, Economics, IPT and Engilsh. I agree with Eg155 as questions tend to not relate to the syllabus dots points and fears of excessive and irrelevant information or not much to write. Though I use the syllabus for the following reasons:

1)Making study notes
Use the syllabus as the structure of your notes and that way you won't miss any critical dot points that may be tested.

2)Recall things
I found this to be really useful in Business Studies as these dot points can be used as headings and sub-headings for the report and essay component of the exam, thus it ensures that you're answering the question. I read the syllabus whenever I study for a particular subject and on a regular basis.

3"Syllabus as an additional set of notes"
I use the syllabus as both a guide to create a detailed sets of notes and as a very summarised note. It's like a process. You start of with the syllabus dot points, then you make really detailed notes relevant to these points. Once you understand the detailed notes, you can then make summarise the detailed note with relevance to the syllabus dot points and so on. By the time before the HSC, I actually don't often read the super summarised notes i have made. Instead I read the syllabus and whenever i struggle with anything, I just go back to MY notes. This is simple yet challenging study strategy as you need to be really dedicated to recall the dot points and making super summarised notes. Despite being my first attempt to do this, it actually paid off at the end as I dont feel stressed prior to exams and a lot of people freak out before exams.

Hope that helps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)