• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection Stress..(ooo..3 's') (1 Viewer)

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, Its so close to term 3, and still, its such a horrible holiday, and straight after that, its Subject Selection, well, im stressing out on it so badly, and then what happens if the school gives us the timetable and it turns out subjects i want to do appears on one line..(2 on a line..eg)..and yeah. Im really stresssing out on this so badly ..:(

:angry:
:mad:

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Our school said they'd let us know if we couldn't do a certain subject in advance, but yeah, it would suck.

I'm going to have a couple of options as backup just in case though.

akrinis

HSC
Don't stress about it now because you won't know until you get the lines. And if it's any help at all, the lines ARE subject to change, which means you'll probably be only getting a draft copy, not the FINAL version. So just wait around and see. English and Maths will appear on their own lines, and will not be up against other subjects, most likely.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
melissa92 said:
Hey, Its so close to term 3, and still, its such a horrible holiday, and straight after that, its Subject Selection, well, im stressing out on it so badly, and then what happens if the school gives us the timetable and it turns out subjects i want to do appears on one line..(2 on a line..eg)..and yeah. Im really stresssing out on this so badly ..:(

:angry:
:mad:
Most schools are open to changes to the lines, with new classes and changing lines. Im in the same boat as you. But I have no idea what subjects I want to do in the first place.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
In my school, they dont give us any lines. They just shove a list of subjects, we choose twelve units of subjects, and then they sort the line stuff themselves. They notify us later on if we cant get the subject we want.

HSC
TearsOfFire said:
Our school said they'd let us know if we couldn't do a certain subject in advance, but yeah, it would suck.

I'm going to have a couple of options as backup just in case though.
you should do he/she said..(lol i didnt check your profile)
you always be prepared and have any contingencies
to meet these problems..

happy selecting :)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Dont stress people!
Advanced English
Advanced Mathematics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Economics/ modern history

there we go :p

no stress plus we don't know about the lines
the lines would probably help you decide your subjects anyway! :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Beware of last minute changes to lines. My school was a total bitch and put Business on the same line as MX1 on week 5 term 4 so I had to settle for Economics instead.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
kaz1 said:
Beware of last minute changes to lines. My school was a total bitch and put Business on the same line as MX1 on week 5 term 4 so I had to settle for Economics instead.

Oh..that sucks..hey..well..that is pretty 'clueless' of your school to do that..seriously.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
hey at least your sister didnt steal the application form and tick your subjects (IN PEN!) and there is bound to be clashes but dont stress cause what can you do? i was supposed to do chem but it clashed with ipt. dont worry, it will all work itself out.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
hey i got stuck with a bio teacher for chem cos i did pd as well. o also the best maths teacher which i had in yr 10/11 had his class in my pd line...what gives??

oh well... hsc almost here...

robot rabbit

HSC
We only got around a week of notifcation then 3 days to fill out our subject forms and hand them back in. At least you didn't have teachers attempting to pressure you into their subjects.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
robot rabbit said:
We only got around a week of notifcation then 3 days to fill out our subject forms and hand them back in. At least you didn't have teachers attempting to pressure you into their subjects.
oh it happens. my god does it happen.

case study: x student enjoys history, french and would like to study economics in uni. all three teachers [eco teacher also teaches geography] cite x student's good marks and natural aptitude for said subjects, importuning x to do their subjects. x student acquiesces.

modern history, french and economics end up on the same line.

in essence, have a really good contingency plan and save yourself the stress.

Last edited:

robot rabbit

HSC
gouge.away said:
oh it happens. my god does it happen.

case study: x student enjoys history, french and would like to study economics in uni. all three teachers [eco teacher also teaches geography] cite x student's good marks and natural aptitude for said subjects, importuning x to do their subjects. x student acquiesces.

modern history, french and economics end up on the same line.

in essence, have a really good contingency plan and save yourself the stress.
I agree. Know what you want to do and stick with it. If all else fails, get an extra form and hand the form in with the subjects you want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)