• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Habits and how to improve (1 Viewer)

Failed_Artist

HSC
Note: I have read the "Revision and Exams" tab before typing this question

Hello. I am new to this forum and I want to know how people study. After my poor attempt in the prelims, I figured out that I wanted to improve in the next year. I wanted to get good grades before leaving school. If any of you are in one of these subjects (I know Eng Adv/St is mandatory), give me some tips and tricks.
Here are my subjects:
- Eng Standard
- Math Standard
- Anc His
- Mod His
- Vis Art
- Food Tech

I already know that people have different methods to study, however, I just want to know how people study and what strategies they implement to further increase their chances in obtaining a "high" grade/mark. I want to be as good as a "smart" student. In a nutshell, how do you study? (doing questions all over and over, palm cards, quizzes, avoiding distractions etc.)

If you have a link/guide, message me - It could help in the long run.
If is also worth it to read some of the comments below of you are like me and want to improve

Yananisback69

HSC
I do note making, which contains what errors I make usually at the front pages and then rest of the content especially the parts that i found hard or intriguing is noted down. This works well for physics and chem idk abt others . It also works for maths, however maths is done best with practice questions.

For english the biggest thing i regret not doing is: create practice essays after you finsihed each module, and not just one like 5 or 6 and send it to your teacher. Your future self will love you. Also if you do get some time read ahead the texts especially the module your school does last.

for your history subjects its a lot of memorising of specific details u would need notes there. Why not try chem or phys out? they are easier than modern history which is purely based on facts in my honest opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)