• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Space - Robert H Goddard (1 Viewer)

Premus

Hey

"identify data sources, gather, analyse and present information on the contribution of one of the following to the development of space exploration: Tsiolkovsky, Oberth, Goddard, Esnault-Pelterie, O‘Neill or von Braun"

Here's my response...

Robert H. Goddard( 1882-1945), also known as the father of modern rocketry, was an American college professor of physics, an engineer and an experimentalist.
He was the first person to use multi-stage rockets. He also contributed to the invention of gyros, and liquid payloads. This contributed also to the rockets we use today. Multistage rockets allow space explorers to travel out in space without being exposed to too much g-forces.
Also, gyros and fins on rockets allow astronauts to control and balance rockets so we may explore space.

I dont think my answer would get full marks if it was a 5 mark question...
Can you guys pls give me some other points? suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I think thats pretty much it.
5 Marks is pretty hefty for that dot point but i can see it coming up in some catholic paper somewhere :p
As long as you say what he did and how it helped you should get full marks

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
PremusDog said:
Hey

"identify data sources, gather, analyse and present information on the contribution of one of the following to the development of space exploration: Tsiolkovsky, Oberth, Goddard, Esnault-Pelterie, O‘Neill or von Braun"

Here's my response...

Robert H. Goddard( 1882-1945), also known as the father of modern rocketry, was an American college professor of physics, an engineer and an experimentalist.
He was the first person to use multi-stage rockets. He also contributed to the invention of gyros, and liquid payloads. This contributed also to the rockets we use today. Multistage rockets allow space explorers to travel out in space without being exposed to too much g-forces.
Also, gyros and fins on rockets allow astronauts to control and balance rockets so we may explore space.

I dont think my answer would get full marks if it was a 5 mark question...
Can you guys pls give me some other points? suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

no offence but writing shit like that is a waste of time
just write down what he did etc bla, no need of saying stuff like 'father of modern rocketry'

kikujiro

you might also want to mention in designing and successfully testing the first liquid fuel rocket, he overcmae technical difficulties that others couldn't overcome such as fuel valving for throttle, fuel injection, start and stop, engine cooling and ignition
(But i dunno what fuel valving for throttle and start and stop are...)

ngai

HSC
kikujiro said:
you might also want to mention in designing and successfully testing the first liquid fuel rocket, he overcmae technical difficulties that others couldn't overcome such as fuel valving for throttle, fuel injection, start and stop, engine cooling and ignition
(But i dunno what fuel valving for throttle and start and stop are...)
jacaranda lol

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Fuel valving, controlling the amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber. Hence controlling the amount of thrust.

Start and stop, start would involve a method of combustion eg a spark plug. Stopping would just be stopping the fuel flow.

kikujiro

Xayma said:
Fuel valving, controlling the amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber. Hence controlling the amount of thrust.

Start and stop, start would involve a method of combustion eg a spark plug. Stopping would just be stopping the fuel flow.
Aaahhh....thanks ^.^

boz

CEO
HSC
also was the first to prove that rockets could produce thrust in a vacuum and did not require air to "push agains".

The man, the legend, Robert H Goddard.

tempco

HSC
Are you guys gonna learn only 1 person, or all of them? i recall a MC question in a trial that asked details regarding one specifically :/

helper

HSC
N/A
This was one of the changes for 2003. Only one is needed to be known now. 2001-2002 all had to be known.

tempco

HSC
helper said:
This was one of the changes for 2003. Only one is needed to be known now. 2001-2002 all had to be known.
Ah ok.. thanks for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)