• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should Schapelle Corby go to jail? (1 Viewer)

should sherpel go to jail

• Total voters
P

pLuvia

poll on if sherpel should go to jail or not and state your reason

I say yes, her stupid lies bout having a baby etc. are all total bullshit, if she knows shes innocent why would she do that, thus she must be guilty, the news says people in australia feel sympathy towards her i sure don't, fuk i dun give crap if she dies or not, its her own fault for bringing them

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
shrapnel who?

edit: to be helpful, im not so sure about her either way, though i still have the feeling she's innocent. but im sick of how the media drags her around just because they can get a 5 minute story about the latest piece of paper someone found in some file and her mullet-haired lawyer can have a whinge about it

Last edited:

get_born

i really wouldn't know if she'd have to be sent o jail - but if she's innocent then yeah, she definately shouldn't go to jail. However, if she is guilty, its only fair that she does go to jail - and in that case prison on Australian soil.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Sherpa Corby should definately be locked away for life in Cuba just like David Hicks :)

Scanorama

HSC
supercharged said:
Sherpa Corby should definately be locked away for life in Cuba just like David Hicks :)
Poor David Hicks doesnt have all the media attention and fancy lawyers Schapelle has. Only if she would kept her case low profile, she *might* had a chance to get out of Indonesia ages ago.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Poor David Hicks doesnt have all the media attention and fancy lawyers Schapelle has. Only if she would kept her case low profile, she *might* had a chance to get out of Indonesia ages ago.
And deprive us of the preceding Schapelle Corby jokes? Now THATS a crime against humanity.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Gough Whitlam said:
Hicks' case has been getting quite a bit of attention recently, and even though he may not have a 'fancy' lawyer, at least the Major appears to be more than competent and somewhat effective given the nature of the trial.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Intersteing note: Schapelle's father is one of the biggest drug dealers on the east coast. Source: Friends/family who work in the Sydney practice which represents him (in court).

Food for thought ey?

volition

arr.
HSC
I think she's guilty and her defence team are fairly bad, presenting circumstantial evidence and just a weak case in general according to Professor Tim Lindsey(sp? lindsay maybe). One concern at the moment is whether she'll be able to survive 20 years in gaol in Indonesia because the conditions in their gaols are not as good as ours, there's just this general speculation that westerners wouldn't be able to survive in there, but maybe this is all just media hype designed to provoke some kind of response. (like trying to withdraw your donation... what a joke, the government shouldn't just change the verdict because of the fact that people are withdrawing donations, it has nothing to do with it, and she should NOT be given special preference because that's just wrong)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
studynoob said:
she deserves to go to jail because she failed to smuggle the weed to us weed smokers shame on her!! what a waste of good weed and because of the lack of weed ive been getting im darn stressed as hell and esctasy isnt helping!!! i need weed precious weeeeeeeeeeed!!!! :(
you're an idiot.

I dont know if shes 'deserves' to go to gaol or not?

Its a hard decision, and a very ethical one...

I say...NO

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
We had a whole discussion about this in Legal Studies and one of the things that our teacher pointed out was that why do people in Australia criticise the judges for being "unfair and corrupt" on this case when these were the same judges that were applauded by Australians when they were judging the Bali bombers?? Also, Is Schapelle getting all this attention because she is a white "aussie" girl??? Where's all the media attention for hicks>? And what about those Australian people found guilty in Vietnam??
She's found guilty, so she should stay in jail and be treated the same as all the other prisoners under the Indonesian prison system. Australia should just back off from trying to control another country's legal system.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
Yes the judges over there are biased. These people are damned whether they are guilty or not, because they are Australians.
And the public represented by Australia's media is even more biased. They base her automatic innocence on the point that she's from Australia. lol what kind of proof is that? :rolleyes:

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
The bali bombers that umm.. escaped the death penalty?

The judges that umm.. Will most likely sentence the 8 upcoming dealers to death, yet let the killer of 230 Australians off on an appeal? Those same judges you mean?

There is also a difference, in that the bombers admit through their filthy mouths that they planted the bomb and that they are proud terrorists (aka smiling assassin). Schaepel (how ever you spell her name) has not admitted to bringing in the Marijuana, and even if she was purpously bringing it in, it wouldn't have killed even one person. Those "same" judges let the leader of jemah islamia off (basically).

Yes the judges over there are biased. These people are damned whether they are guilty or not, because they are Australians.

Pfft.

Quan Ding Wang Chong and Mamdoub Mohammed Habbib Bin Laden are clearly not the same, and are not as timid as Schaepelle is.
Read "Justice System not getting a fair hearing in high profile drugs cases" May 3 2005 , in the sydney morning herald. An article written by professors in Asian Law...then comeback to criticise my comments:):)

Anyways I was only recounting some of the things we discussed in legal....no hard feelings ....worrr cool down!

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
And the public represented by Australia's media is even more biased. They base her automatic innocence on the point that she's from Australia. lol what kind of proof is that? :rolleyes:
exactly my point...well said!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
addymac said:
Intersteing note: Schapelle's father is one of the biggest drug dealers on the east coast. Source: Friends/family who work in the Sydney practice which represents him (in court).

Food for thought ey?
Ah hah! Thats why he's only visited her once! :p

I dont know whether anyone has pointed this out yet, but she has been convicted and is currently in gaol (note correct spelling) as we speak :rolleyes:

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Hell, put the bitch in gaol and throw away the key... the sooner we forget about her, the better.

I know it's not nice to shrug her off like that, but we sort of need to look at the problems of country in a more feasible away - spending lots of $$$ on one person and rare case scenario doesn't quite fit into the agenda I'm afraid. Our health system, which will be failing our grandparents unless they have private health insurance and in another 10-20 years time our parents is of more concern for starters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)