• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I take my L's? (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm 15 and i'm going to be turning 16 in june, and I was thinking if I should take my L's because i'll almost be in yr 12 by then, and i should study, but all my friends are 16 and they've all either taken their L's or they're planning to.

beentherdunthat

HSC
it doesn't take long to study the practise q's!!!!
the practise q's/exam they give on the net is exactly the same that you'll get in your real exam..... just memorize the answers!!!! IT's easy.

xJennax

HSC
Yeah go for it! :D If you read the pdf document on the RTA which contains every question they could ask you, you'll pass easily.
It doesn't effect your schooling at all.

The Kaiser

HSC
foram said:
I'm 15 and i'm going to be turning 16 in june, and I was thinking if I should take my L's because i'll almost be in yr 12 by then, and i should study, but all my friends are 16 and they've all either taken their L's or they're planning to.
A couple of people in my school already have drivers licenses, if you think you can handle it by all means go for it. But personally I'd rather wait till I'm 18.

Muz4PM

HSC
foram said:
Yeah, basically what everyone else said, go for them. See if you can get them, and then your P's as quickly as possible, then, if you have your own car, you are not as reliant upon your parents as much. I found that it did not affect my schooling at all. As xJennax said, study up on the questions so you know the rules, then when you are confident and eligable, go for them.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
foram said:
Lol. It is incomprehensible why you would think that you are going to be studying so intensely such that it would be impossible to sit for your L's. Haha

beentherdunthat

HSC
Mark576 said:
Lol. It is incomprehensible why you would think that you are going to be studying so intensely such that it would be impossible to sit for your L's. Haha
lolll.

Ah show some sympathyyyyyy :p

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Mark576 said:
Exactly. As if you cant find an hour hear or there to go for a drive. And if you are so overworked that that doesnt happen, you will still have 4 more years to learn after that and you will already have your licence

HSC
i havent got my Ls.

not the best at studying.
and i was doing my prelims when i turned 16.

so im waiting for the laws to become lenient again.

or until i go to uni in queensland.

beentherdunthat

HSC
scaredytiger said:
so im waiting for the laws to become lenient again.

They're trying to make the L's cut-off 18 years now. So lenient is not happening anytime soon, especially with the number of youths involved in accidents.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Studying shouldn't affect your decision at all. That being said, my parents won't let me get L's for another reason. :(

HSC
how can you wait till you're 18? that means by the time you get your L's everyones on P2 and its going to be heaps shit. i know i regretted not getting my P1's earlier (i got them more than a year after I could get them)...

get your L's so you can get your P's asap. its not that hard, just do a whole heap of questions the night before its mostly commonsense. if you really care that much about study, delay getting your P's (don't take that many driving lessons) but you should always get your L's asap.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My parents have their reasons - I tend not to question their judgement, despite the fact that I think that they may be a tad 'old-fashioned'.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
just go for it so u dont have to keep it for the full yr after your hsc when u actually want to get your P's. becuase if u get it after your hsc, the minimum u have to keep it for is a yr, and that can be frustrating if ur ready for your P's but have to wait the time. so why not get it now, drive if u can, and if not, learn after your hsc and reduce the time limit that u need to wait on to get your P's

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Petrol price + free travel is more than enough reason for me not to bother getting Ls.

On top of the fact public transport owns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)