• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Repeat HSC subjects at TAFE??? (1 Viewer)

Nugget_03

Which is better? to repeat sum HSC subjects again at TAFE and have my UAI recalculated next year? or to go to Uni and transfer to my desired course? and Y?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
In my opinion, I would think go to university and transfer.

I think studying at uni would be much easier as the times are more flexible and less strict.

School is the consistent 9am-3pm which frankly i am totally sick of.

If you actually liked school then you can repeat if you don't mind, but i reckon getting to know the uni environment would be great.

Because you also cannot guarantee you will improve that much for the next years cut-offs. If you don't make it once again it would feel very bad.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
It all depends really. On the one hand, TAFE offers you a chance to do it all again and improve from this year, but you will be a year behind everybody from this year (if that worries you).

Also, if you do your HSC again, and you dont have a lot of discipline, it can end up being a waste of a whole year.

On the other hand, there's transfering through uni. This can be good as it means u dont lose a year, although you have to put up with doing something u may not have an interest in, and for some uni's they have a certain GPA that you must obtain before becoming eligible for a transfer.

So, there are a lot of things you need to be aware of, and it is not an easy decision to make.

But, if you want my personal opinion, me myself, I couldnt go back and do my HSC, even if it were through TAFE. So I would choose to transfer through another course.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
im in the same situation as u, but im choosin to go to uni and then transfer(fingers crossed), i dunno if i can do a whole year of the hsc again. and i learnt that ppl who do reapeat their hsc, only a small percentage significantly improve on their mark, but whateva u choose good luk!

Benno

HSC
hehe i improved by more than 50% :p

umm i repeated at school since i had a low 40's UAI in 2002
if u went that bad and cant get into any course repeat

also rember if u do 1 year at uni then swap the next year to another course thats 1 years extra hecs fee....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)