• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Really need help here (1 Viewer)

masspotato

HSC
N/A
hi guz!~
I am really stressed out over what I should put as my course preferences,

If I want to do acturial studies or commerce, is UNSW better than USYD in those degrees ? is it in terms of the strength of their industry links or professors??

just wondering, is UNSW better than USYD in science related degrees ?

(since I've heard from people that they have better professors..don't know if it's true)?

REALLY APPRECIATE your advice!~~
!!

lawstu

HSC
hi guz!~

If I want to do acturial studies or commerce, is UNSW better than USYD in those degrees ? is it in terms of the strength of their industry links or professors??
Australian School of Business seems like it does a better job than Sydney Business School. I don't believe SBS even has Act. Studies
Like the above, it depends.

Both UNSW and USYD are excellent providers of education in the professions (e.g., business, law), sciences, and whatever else. It just depends on specifically you want do study and what you want from your few years of tertiary, or at least collegiate, education (unless you go back or simply stay).

Don't stress. Are you currently applying to UAC now or in Y12?

a19901213

HSC
hi guz!~

(since I've heard from people that they have better professors..don't know if it's true)?

REALLY APPRECIATE your advice!~~
!!
USYD doesn't offer acturial studies course so the only option would be UNSW if you don't consider Macquarie as a option. In terms of teaching quality and job prospect, personally I would say yes UNSW is probably better than USYD in business related degrees.

However there really isn't much differences which uni you went to if you can achieve high grade, so the best thing would probably be visiting the campus and feel the atmosphere in each uni, choose whichever one you feel the best. I chose UNSW over USYD simply because the facility in USYD is just horrible and their staff weren't as nice as UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)