• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Real UAI requirements (1 Viewer)

Kaskai

HSC
I was at the open days for UTS, USyd and UNSW, and from what i've heard from the guidance people there, "most courses start accepting 5 uai under the published "... So don't panic if you think you are screw'n up.

T

Testpilot

Yeah but this may require you to fill out a flexible entry application form with info about you. But didn't a majority of these schemes close yesterday?

Kaskai

HSC
Nope you dun have to...they just publish the uai's higher than required..for most non popular subjects anyways. Like UNSW says it requires 90.5 UAI to get in arch for 06...Exactly my UAI, and I asked him what are the chances of it going up for 07, and he replied that the REAL cut-off for 05 and 06 was like 85...So just always place what you want to do. I asked UTS and they said round the same thing. People with 83/4 get into 89 UAI subs (i was asking for architecture but then she started to generalise). The UAC book is only a GUIDE

But of course i doubt it will be true for Law and Med..
They make the UAI high to show off that they are a good uni. Remember that a Uni's survival, income and fame are depended on future students, and the more the better. They try to make you put first pref, thats all.

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
sick, would this also apply for digital media at COFA UNSW? i.e. 85.75 would be really 80.75?

P

pLuvia

Beege said:
sick, would this also apply for digital media at COFA UNSW? i.e. 85.75 would be really 80.75?
Depends on the demand of the course, there's no telling where the starting mark is

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Kaskai said:
I was at the open days for UTS, USyd and UNSW, and from what i've heard from the guidance people there, "most courses start accepting 5 uai under the published "... So don't panic if you think you are screw'n up.
Are you sure those are not the people with the EAS scheme?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I hope that's true, because if they start accepting normal people that are 5 points below the UAI cut off... then maybe they'll accept EAS people who are more haha :D

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
NO EAS FOR SURE...no they dun START from 5 uai under, but they go DOWN to 5/6 uai under.. and of course EAS people have a better opportunity. The point is that most "non-popular" subjects never get full. They might LOOK popular, like architecture, but its not.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
DFEE places generally have lower UAI requirements of up to 5 points below the cut-off...

Beege

HSC
but with a $17,000 or more per year price tag attached hehe

sephiroth*

HSC
if this is true, then say a course that has a cut-off of 75 but actually the lowest person that got in the main rounds is 70?

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
as above...its the popularity of the course. mate u can't get into med /law even if ur 0.000001 uai under..lol but for most subjects yeah around 4/5 UAI. So NVR put DFEE first

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
oh awesome. does this include pharmacy ? ..
im assuming it doesn`t lol.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I doubt it, pharmacy's not exactly one of the least popular courses :p

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
LOL awww dang it - got my hopes up xD
thanks for the input , sprinkles~ , hahah

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
haha sorry, but you never know! i know quite a lot of people who have gotten in under the cut-off and they weren't exactly unpopular courses either. good luck!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
woo I'm motivated , thanks a bunch !
how did your HSC go by the way ?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Not exactly great because I'm sick, so I'm just hoping I'll be able to get at least one of my preferences for uni - I'd be happy with anything lol :D

Did you just miss out on the cut off for pharmacy or something? Or just worried its going to rise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)