• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Read it. (1 Viewer)

InVinsanity

HSC
Write a speech on a journey you have gone through and reflect the concepts of journey you have learnt from this journey.

I did an anecdote on growing up.

That first word, that first step, that first friend, that first love and that first heartbreak. It’s all growing up. Teachers and students growing up in general is one of the most overlooked journeys. So what is growing up?, well that’s upto you to decide some might define it as growing older others may say it’s a process of maturing, but myself I think someone that is grown up is completely independent and no longer requires to be spoon fed, so growing up is a pathway to freedom as journeys are integral for self growth.
Crawling to those first baby steps is a microcosmic journey itself, as it conveys the idea that journeys confront and challenge the traveller, not in the first time are you going to be able balance yourself and start walking like Jennifer Hawkins on the catwalk. There’s going to be some bumps and bruises, tears and cries but when you do start walking the joy on your parents would be indescribable not that your are walking but its your growing up.
When I was in kindergarten my teacher asked me what I wanted to be and I replied I wanted to be the man of steel or superman. Back then she gave an encouraging smile and then asked my to illustrate my dream onto a piece paper, as I got older that paper started to get to torn and eventually over time I lost that paper. That paper was symbolic of dream of being a superhero as time I matured that it wouldn’t happen, now this isn’t meant to be discouraging in any way but it’s a sign of maturity that as you grow older you aim to choose something more realistic, By the way the position for Superman is still vacant cause I didn’t take it.
Back in public school there was always this boy who seemed to have a grudge against me, he just didn’t like me I always approached him with a kind caring manner but he wouldn’t respond in the same manner. He was adept at creating conflict and seemed to gain gratification from denying me things that I was entitled to do, such as playing soccer and making rumours about me. So one day I told my teacher, who told the principal and the bully and I had a talk and he promised to not be rude to me and treat me as an equal. Then his Jekyll and Hyde personality came through the very next day, as he told everyone that dobbed on him. Then I realised telling anybody about this problem is futile so I took matters into my own hand and I came to a conclusion that evaded him and didn’t take notice to any of his comments, sort of helped as he the rumours stopped but then I didn’t play football. But the idea that I am getting to is that only because of our problems we grow mentally and spiritually.
Falling in love is another example of growing up, Just imagine that your in love to the extent that when you don’t see them your missing them, even when you do see them during the day it seems it wasn’t enough time spent together. And on top of that they’re simply perfect. So now lets say you ask this person out they say yes, so your going out and then a complication occurs and you break up this is where element of growing up seeps in. That depressed defeated feeling is enough to scare even the most optimistic so don’t worry, but once that phase is over its all there’s that new hope of meeting someone new and the idea, not only does this test your resilience it makes you stronger and it reflects that you’ve grown up as you have gotten over break up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)