• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

rank or assesment mark (1 Viewer)

ehung

Hi ppl, I knoe this has been asked a few times but just wondering in school, are you aiming for a higher rank or a high mark/raw assesment mark?
Because Oakhill (my school) is ranked like 112 in 03'.
And in my Business report, the highest was 25/30 about 83%.
and my rank will probably go down to 12=> 7-8. If i kill the trials and come top 3, how will that be compared to other top school's :confused: ?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Rank is more important. try to get higher rank. In order to achieve high ranks, you need high assessment marks anyway....So go for both!

gman03

HSC
my 2cents: High School Rank WITH High HSC Exam Mark

Factors not included (technically) are: which school you attend; what's the last digit of your student number; what your hair colour; what individual marks you get for your business subject (they care the <i>relative</i> marks between students, which determines your rank) and the list goes forever...

I've been answering this type of question in this tone a few times :D hope it entertains :confused: you.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But remember that even a good rank may not necessarily mean you will attain a high HSC mark.

You'd need to also to some extent look at the marks to see your progress and acedemic level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)