• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Quick question (1 Viewer)

Hell Sent

if ur asked to do a report evaluating the selection of supp material u have chosen and it must include:
How the composers choice of form works to explore the notion of journey in each text
what should i be writing?
i know i should be talkin about y they chose that form, but does neone have some examples for me coz i am unsure as wot to write, thanks!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Well, some examples of form influencing meaning are...

* a novel in which the journey for both reader and protagonist is linear
* a website/film/... in which the journey for the protagonist may be linear, but the journey for the reader is not
* or a website/film/... in which there is no protagonist, and there is only a journey for the reader.

You can look at what is popular at the time (that multimedia techniques were not available), but it's more practical to look at what was in fashion at the time of writing.. for example the postmodern emphasis on non-linear texts.

Hmm. I'm sure there's something else but that's one aspect of it you might like to look at.

Hell Sent

thankyou heaps anti...what do you mean by linear though? (sorry im a bit slow)...n i was lookin at it in relation to say novels n poems, or even an image

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)