• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Questions: motivation & muffins (1 Viewer)

vebbles

Me - i cant seem to get myself into the motivational mode (dagnabit) and its beggining to really freak me out. Any of you feel this way or have any suggestions on how to get back on track?

Are there any HSCians out there who have no idea what they're studying their butts off for? I envy if you do....

Out of curiosity, for those who bother to reply (how very nice of you,) could rate on a scale from 1-10 how overwhelming its becoming? (i'm around 7)

An upside to studying:
Break times filled with muffins, chocolates and tea.
Please add to the list....

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
You could get one of those free pens they give out at unis. They remind you of goals.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
vebbles! if u dont study now, u are gonna get bad uai, your parents would wish they had another kid, u are not gonna go to uni, not even good enough for tafe, then u are gonna work at wollies for the rest of ur life!!! thatz where u will meet ur future partner, somoen who checks product codes in the next isle! he will ask u out at wollies, he will pick you up for ur first date at wollies, he will prob ask u for hand in marriage at wollies, if u are lucky u might even have a baby at wollies...... u will become old and frail, and pennyless, you will not be able to afford a mortgage, hence u will leave with his inlaws for the rest of ur life till ur 90 and die.

how does that do for motivatioh??.....ahahah.....thatz what keeps meeh motivated....haha.....i just keep on tellin myself i will end up as a wollies check out chick..haha...:p

during breaks: lots of choclate, ice cream, order pizza or disert, lots of coffee

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The feeling that you get after making a big comeback from a lot of past failures is so damn good its unexplainable.

I'm getting that now :)

So i suggest you try your best and you will see how happy you will feel.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Hey Guys
I recently had my Preliminary Exams and worked relatively hard in my prep. I did good in all my subjects except for English in which I got 48%. Feeling really dissapointed about that mark and in a few weeks i'll be entering year 12.
How do you get over the dissapointment and get back on track?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, it's so hard to get motivated, i'm freaked out i won't perform to my full potential, don't know what to do!
breaks - i eat all the junk possible

and getting back on track for craig - that's the hardest. remember it's not counted in ur year 12 mark. just try ur best, know that u can do bettwe, and u have before, but i'm in a similar position and r gonna try and get over it with lots of practice!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I just get motivated, l'm hypoglycemic (don't know if l spelt that right) so when l eat sugar l get motivated to do anything!!

I eat sugar and have a good breaky l go to school wanting to do work! My true friends think l'm crazy.. :p

vebbles

lol@truly-in-bliss:
- i've never had that kind of motivational talk before! Thanks for it, I'll try to remember to keep it in mind. Mind you, there are some pretty good looking guys working at woolies... :)

To Ragerunner:
actually, i know exactly what you mean. I received a couple of ranks today which has changed my attitude and motivation for things. What a day changes!

To Craig:
My advice to you, from experience, is to find a purpose in your studying - that way, your hard work will have more meaning. Is there anything at univeristy you want to study?

To sarah_#1_eel:
.. its always great to go crazy and laugh at EVERYTHING until your stomach hurts and you roll over the floor...lol

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
To Vebbles:
Thanx for your advice, its much appreciated. Yeah responding to your question I really really want to get into Uni and do a Bachelor of Business degree.

leeraff

HSC
Personally I think you should steer away from sweets. Although some may find that they get a "buzz" and feel like working, the truth is they make you tired and your body has to work harder to get good stuff out of your food and although you may feel energetic, it want last and you'll end up burning out fast.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I take some of those health pills thingy.

It's a Brahmi + ginko extact and says it helps with stress and increase your memory capacity :)

Should be able to find it in those health food stores.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by leeraff
Personally I think you should steer away from sweets. Although some may find that they get a "buzz" and feel like working, the truth is they make you tired and your body has to work harder to get good stuff out of your food and although you may feel energetic, it want last and you'll end up burning out fast.
so why are the sweets the only things we are allowed to bring into the hsc exams??

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by vebbles
Me - i cant seem to get myself into the motivational mode (dagnabit) and its beggining to really freak me out. Any of you feel this way or have any suggestions on how to get back on track?

Are there any HSCians out there who have no idea what they're studying their butts off for? I envy if you do....

Out of curiosity, for those who bother to reply (how very nice of you,) could rate on a scale from 1-10 how overwhelming its becoming? (i'm around 7)

An upside to studying:
Break times filled with muffins, chocolates and tea.
Please add to the list....

same here
cant motivate myself!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
fucked up 4unit maths = fucked up HSC = fucked up UAI = fucked up degree at fucked up uni = fucked up job = no $750K p.a. = no pretty penthouse @ strati = no Lambi Gallardo = no shang chick = no wife = die lonely and chaste... *sigh* :(

breakfast: congee and fried dough sticks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
how long have you been taking them and how do you find them? I've been on them for about 10 days, don't know if there's much difference 'cause I haven't been doing any work, lol.
I don't take them everyday. I take them when I want to do very effective study (i.e. behind in my work), and when it's nearing exams.

It's hard to tell if its working but i think i definitely feel that stressful feeling lessened. Like i get this weird feeling in my stomach when i get nervous/stressed. When i take those pills i feel more confident :D I guess it could be just that feeling that you think its working that it works :D

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
As far as I'm aware, being hypoglycemic means that your body reacts adversely to sugar and you become tired and sluggish, not hypo
well that isn't right because whenever l eat sugar l becvome more alert and aware. I have a low blood sugar level, so l eat more sugar (lucky me!)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
Originally posted by Frigid
fucked up 4unit maths = fucked up HSC = fucked up UAI = fucked up degree at fucked up uni = fucked up job = no $750K p.a. = no pretty penthouse @ strati = no Lambi Gallardo = no shang chick = no wife = die lonely and chaste... *sigh* :(

breakfast: congee and fried dough sticks
hahahahhaa... all from fuckd up 4u maths eh? hahaha yea ok riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

puffkenny

HSC
hey I saw a story for today tonight saying this guy who took Red Bull every day a while before the HSC ended up with a screwed up life. He got all jumpy and shit and bashed his parents. He was supposed to be the school captain or somethin.

Is red bull really that bad? cause I take it about twice a week. Can some 1 recommend me a good stress relief medicine? (those that really work)

As for motivation just look at the worst report you've ever had and then look at your most recent 1. It always gets me motivated. I came like last for maths in year seven and 2nd in 2 unit in year 12. works everytime

Meal: Beef, Beef, Beef, Beef, Doner Kebabs

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'm sure you would notice whether its affecting you by your actions.

I never take those energy drinks. It's not needed unless you plan to do all nighters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)