• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about possibility of failing a unit (1 Viewer)

Hannelore

HSC
Hello,

I am currently enrolled in Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Arts.

I was wondering if anyone knows what would happen if I were to fail the unit that I am doing this semester for my minor teaching area? If it helps, I am in second year of the degree and the unit is ANHS2610 SPQR: The Senate and the People of Rome. Seeing as in the degree I don't have to undertake any more minor teaching area subjects after second year, would I be able to simply do it again next year? It's not a core unit, so would it not be a total disaster? I am a little confused about how it works, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of scenario.

This is hopefully just me catastrophising, but I would like to know what the options would be, if worse case scenario happened and I did badly in the exam. I have passed every other assessment so far, but the exam is worth 40%, which is a bit worrying.

On a related note, I am not very good with maths, and I was wondering what the best way to calculate a grade using percentages was? It would be nice to know how much I would need minimum in the exam to pass the whole unit, but I do recognise that it would probably be of greater benefit to just continue studying, do my best, and hope that it's enough...

Thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)