• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about PHYS1111. And something else. (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

This course is meant for people who know nothing about physics right? So would I still be alright in this course if I never done physics in year 11/12? I wouldnt have to do a bridging course or anything do I?

And say if your doing two courses in stage 1...say CHEM 1031 and CHEM 1041. Do you do both courses at the same time, or must you complete the first course before moving onto the second?

:wave:

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can check in the Virtual handbook the assumed knowledge and pre requisites for each course. For example, you can check if CHEM1031 is a pre req for CHEM1041, if it is, then you need to have done 1031 before you can do 1041.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
and in answering your question, phys1111 is basically year11+12 physics. There's nothing to be worried about ^^ :)

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
No, don't worry about it. It is probably one of the easiest subjects you will ever do in uni.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Yeah. You need to do 1031 (higherA) in semester one and then 1041 (higherB) in semester 2 - also the only way to change down to 1021 in semester 2 is to see the course coordinator - Dr. Roberts... as the prerequisite for 1021 is 1011... this is because the topics are taught in a different order in higher and fundamentals.
Fundamentals - you get an hour extra of lectures
Higher - you get an hour extra of labs.... make your decision...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i heard really hard

the average mark in the mid-session was 29

apathy_

HSC
bump!

hey just to reiterate that even though i havent done physics in yr 11/12. i should be able to cope with this subject right? no bridging course needed?
because bridging course starts next week so i need to enrol ASAP!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Higher Phys was very hard...it was my year that the mid session average was 29, and the pass criteria of the course had to be changed so that more people could pass (it was originally you had to pass all assessments to pass the course, but since the average in the mid session was so low most people had already failed the course by week 7).

PHYS1111 is an intro to physics, no background is assumed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)