• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Query about gen ed (1 Viewer)

Ingsoc

hi guys

ok basically i'm a first yr com/arts and student and i've completed 6 uocs of arts in the 1st semester...

now if i wanted too drop the arts part of the degree... could i count tat 6uocs i already did towards general education?

also if i dropped arts... is it possible to pick it up again at a later stage?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Ingsoc said:
now if i wanted too drop the arts part of the degree... could i count tat 6uocs i already did towards general education?
As far as I know, yes.

Ingsoc said:
As far as I know, you can only pick it up again at the end of the year, after that it is too late.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ingsoc said:
hi guys

ok basically i'm a first yr com/arts and student and i've completed 6 uocs of arts in the 1st semester...

You'll have to go to the commerce student centre and tell them the situation just to be sure - I'm not sure if my unsw will recognise that arts subject as gen-ed automatically

crazylilmonkee

HSC
but if they dun recognise it as gen-ed.. dun they recognise it as part of options??
cos i dropped my arts and i did chinese.. which i think u can do as part of options..
actualy idun get this options stuff.. care to explain?
:p

Ingsoc

hmmmm well the politics subject i did in semester one wasn't in the general education subject list... am i fuked?

sunny

meh.
HSC
From the FCE handbook.

2. A student cannot:

2.2 count mainstream courses offered by other faculties as substitutes for General Education courses towards more than 6 units of General Education requirements.

2.3 count a mainstream course offered by faculties othe than Faculty of Commerce and Economics both as a substitute for a Commerce and Economics option and as a substitute for a General Education elective
It doesn't say you can't count mainstream 6uoc. So I would imagine you're ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)