• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pursue or Forget?? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Iv'e know this chik from my school since like year 8 thru to yr 12. We were pretty good friends, and used 2 talk (on the net and sometimes at skool) about anything with each other. We "went out" (not like a date) once and it was fun - had a pretty kewl time just hanging out, havin lunch, the usual stuff.

We hung out with each other for a bit at our yr 12 after party (coz we were in 2 different groups) and i really enjoyed her company coz she was laid back and never really uptight, and could talk 2 me about practically anything coz we were comfortable with each other.

Then during the HSC (mid November) we had a huge fight and we both really got pissed off. She then messaged me on MSN saying that she didnt think that we could be friends nemore (coz we had this fight and minor ones before hand) and that even tho she might regret it, she didnt want to have 2 deal with this shit ne more.

We havent talked to each other for about 3 months. Iv'e partially gotten over it because it was such a long time ago, and i dont really wanna think about it. She went to schoolies, and got with this guy (her current boyfriend) and we pretty much forgot about each other.

When i went to enrol in university, we saw each other coz she was with her friend who is doing the same degree as me, in the same uni. It was pretty awkward - we just kinda exchanged glances and didnt say nething. The next day on her website she said that she was goin to say hi to me, but didnt coz she thought i was avoiding her.

Both of us are goin to different universities now and i really dont know if i should pursue the friendship or not. Uni is like a fresh start, and i dont want to have 2 carry the bullshit from highschool with me, but at the same time, dunno if maybe we should try to make amends and be friends again. Both of our lives are going in very different directions - and i really dont know what to do.

Should i pursue or forget????

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
well how do you want to pursue her if she has a bf?

i think maybe she regrets lossing the friendship
Nah, i was wondering if i should still pursue a friendship with her or not.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
persue as a friend
you don't want the akwardness everytime you see her, make sure you at least get on good terms where you can say hi and maybe move to be friends from there.
she said she was going to say hi to you, so there's a start.

david88

HSC
shady_03 said:
Iv'e know this chik from my school since like year 8 thru to yr 12. We were pretty good friends, and used 2 talk (on the net and sometimes at skool) about anything with each other. We "went out" (not like a date) once and it was fun - had a pretty kewl time just hanging out, havin lunch, the usual stuff.

We hung out with each other for a bit at our yr 12 after party (coz we were in 2 different groups) and i really enjoyed her company coz she was laid back and never really uptight, and could talk 2 me about practically anything coz we were comfortable with each other.

Then during the HSC (mid November) we had a huge fight and we both really got pissed off. She then messaged me on MSN saying that she didnt think that we could be friends nemore (coz we had this fight and minor ones before hand) and that even tho she might regret it, she didnt want to have 2 deal with this shit ne more.

We havent talked to each other for about 3 months. Iv'e partially gotten over it because it was such a long time ago, and i dont really wanna think about it. She went to schoolies, and got with this guy (her current boyfriend) and we pretty much forgot about each other.

When i went to enrol in university, we saw each other coz she was with her friend who is doing the same degree as me, in the same uni. It was pretty awkward - we just kinda exchanged glances and didnt say nething. The next day on her website she said that she was goin to say hi to me, but didnt coz she thought i was avoiding her.

Both of us are goin to different universities now and i really dont know if i should pursue the friendship or not. Uni is like a fresh start, and i dont want to have 2 carry the bullshit from highschool with me, but at the same time, dunno if maybe we should try to make amends and be friends again. Both of our lives are going in very different directions - and i really dont know what to do.

Should i pursue or forget????
As a general rule, you shouldn't pursue a chick unless you intend to F*** her. Why don't you get more friendships, its not like she's special.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
i think you should pursue the friendship. if you dont, you will regret it later in life (even now at uni), but if you do and she says no, at least you tried right?
you should contact her, apologise and sort out a friendship.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
david88 said:
As a general rule, you shouldn't pursue a chick unless you intend to F*** her. Why don't you get more friendships, its not like she's special.
Once upon a time I stumbled upon a clique of people who religiously held that attitude. Despite the many, many justifications for their beliefs, I think these cliques need a serious personality makeover.

In my humble opinion.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
david88 said:
i agree with skittled
youre a dick head. friends are special, thats what makes them friends.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
ive been in a similar situation and i still think about this guy all the time, i mean even just in a 'i wonder what hes doing' way. you should pursue it before it gets too late... dont have to be creepy or overly-interested, just sms her something liek how you saw her and wondered how she was doing.... or whatever

S

Shuter

Forget it.

Let the record show I gave this brilliant advice when he regrets the (opposite) decision he made in many years time.

malkin86

HSC
I think you could try to make some sort of peace with her. If it grows to friendship from there, then that's good too - you'll need to be careful to not make the same mistakes.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
The best thing you should do is to follow your heart. Do you really want to be friends or do you want more from the relationship because she might think it's a bit suspect.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Well its the friendship i miss the most - being able 2 talk 2 someone so openly and easily. But i was thinking with the whole "her having a boyfriend" situation that she wouldn't wanna really rehash something from highschool that happened a while ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)