• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Princess Mary Pregnant (2 Viewers)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
They're having a baby
By Andrew Hornery, Spike Editor
April 26, 2005

When Princess Mary sailed on Sydney Harbour last month in a blaze of publicity and adulation, she was carrying very precious cargo: an heir to the Danish royal throne.

Last night the royal house in Copenhagen confirmed, after much prompting from the Herald, that the Tasmanian-born Princess Mary was pregnant.

In Hobart, Prince Mary's sister, Trish Bailey, said: "We are very excited about the baby news."

Mrs Bailey said the new heir would have eight cousins waiting to play with him or her in Tasmania.

Hours earlier, royal house officials had been less forthcoming, telling the Herald "we have nothing to say" and to "call back in a few hours" in case the situation changed. Yesterday morning, Princess Mary's brother-in-law, Scott Bailey, had said: "We don't know anything about that."

But a brief official statement at 7.45pm Sydney time confirmed 33-year-old Mary was pregnant, a few weeks shy of her first wedding anniversary to Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark. "Their royal highnesses the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess are happy to announce that the Crown Princess is expecting to give birth to a child by the end of October this year. The childbirth is expected to take place at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen [the university hospital]."
AdvertisementAdvertisement

Later, a spokeswoman said Princess Mary was "feeling well" and would continue her "normal program". There were no plans for any changes to her schedule - yet. On June 20, the Crown Princess and Crown Prince will join the Queen and Prince Consort on an official visit to Denmark's Faroe Islands.

Their child will be second in line to the Danish throne. Frederik, the 36-year-old heir to the throne, is Queen Margrethe's oldest son.

On the eve of the royal couple's visit to Australia in February and March, Princess Mary revealed in a television interview that she found media speculation about her alleged pregnancies almost comical.

Her "favourite" was the confusion that followed surgery to remove her gall bladder.

"We were in hospital to be checked, have a check-up, and the next day it came out in the press that I was pregnant and they'd seen me and it was definite for sure that I was pregnant. I must be eight weeks' pregnant and therefore giving birth in such and such a time.

"And then we were laughing about, you know, the headlines should read, 'Mary Gives Birth to a Stone'. One of the press here actually came out with the headline."

Abbeygale

HSC
Hopefully this means we'll get 9 months of stories about the pregnancy, and a break from news stories on enthralling subjects like 'Mary wears a hat' and 'Mary attends the opening of an envelope'.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i hope the child is born a demon
oh think of the media reaction

Tegz

HSC
i hate it how they talk about princess mary "fullfilling her royal duties" just because shes pregnant, i mean so it doesnt really matter what she does with her title as long as she pops out a couple of kids?!?!? i can understand the whole bloodlines thing.. but just coz the kid is born royal wont make him/her a better potential leader.
that said .. princess mary's gr8.. we all luv a fariytale ending

Abbeygale

HSC
It's not a fairytale ending. Its a fairytale beginning. There is still so much potential for a hideously shocking horror movie style ending. And history seems to indicate that 'horror ending' is more likely.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i think it's very sweet :)
but yeah, i would hate it if they pulled a charles and diana :eek:

it gets a little annoying the way the media still haven't gotten over the fact that we already know that they're married, that she's from australia, that he's prince of denmark, that they are seen together because they are married...

jennylim

HSC
aww...how cute!!! i am soo happy =D that is such good news. i'm no royalist but i think those 2 are very very sweet and i am sure that they will stay together and have a happy family!! lol

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Baby -> Girls Post

Interesting.

tempco

HSC
a royal couple that i actually like.. hope all goes well with their child.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
omfg i hate hearing this shit. its on the seven niughtly news and newspapers as one of the major stories, fucking who cares. its some random roylty dude and some chick who fucked and had a baby big woop .

i seriosuly hate hearing all these wedding , babies of some royalty thats not even part of asutralia. some much more interesting stories exist that can replace this shit.

I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS FUKING BABY

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ahem then why did you open the thread then?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It ish goot to see dat she finally has a joey in her pouch.

jennylim

HSC
SashatheMan said:
to bitch about how much i hate hearing about this shit
simple solution: don't WATCH shit like that or read those parts of the newspapers....and try to avert your eyes from the women's weekly stands. and obviously some people "fukn care" for it to make such big news...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
That's the problem isn't it. If people stop caring about such trivial bs we could free up a lot of news time/space for more important things. I wouldn't care so much if it was only on Women's Weekly, or even the Daily Telegraph, but when Mary dominates the front page of the Herald it starts getting a bit annoying.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jennylim said:
simple solution: don't WATCH shit like that or read those parts of the newspapers....and try to avert your eyes from the women's weekly stands. and obviously some people "fukn care" for it to make such big news...
but its not big news, its expectations of a baby , not even birth it self. and i do try to avoid this usels shit. but it persists to appear in all types of media.

hopefully something destructive happens in the world to take away focus from this Bullshit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)