• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prelim Bio - Evolution (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
What are people's thoughts on evolution?

Do you agree with it wholly, partially or not at all??

Why or why not?

What evidence to you have to back up your claim??

Just some questions that may or may not be helping me with my Biology evolution assignment :)

Your help is greatly appreciated :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Evolution

Ooo, tough. I'm personally all for evolution and which from science and discoveries we know that it happened but from the Mod's post above it sounds as if you have no faith at all... I'm quite secular myself but I don't beliveve that it all could have began from nothing (where and how life began is the real mystery).

There are plenty of sites that you can just use a simple search engine to find. I recommend using a variety of sources though such as books, DVDs, audio books and even newspapers if there is anything there (other random articles). You will get different opinions and views on.

I agree, and it is something similar to the phenomena of gravity.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad

evolution is lie

trust in god

faith
I don't see putting faith in someone you havent seen, however, putting faith in yourself and doing what you can yourself is faith, you have faith in yourself, not in someone who you havent seen, not that he doesnt exist..

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad

evolution is lie

trust in god

faith
Well, scientists did their research again and again, and put them all together and it made sense, why say Evolution is false, seriously, where is the proof that god exist?(no offence), if there was proof, that would be awesome, :)..but dont go saying evolution is false, they did their research, alot of people did, there is tons and proof and evidence:)

So..dont you DARE say evolution is false, i would love too if god appeared....however, he hasnt yet has he?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

staticiscool is trolling.

Which is not cool in HSC forums, staticiscool, shame on you!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Well, hey now, people. This thread has nothing to do with the Bible or God. It's about evolution, for a biology assignment, as the OP stated.

Continue.

Brontecat

HSC

actually part of the essay is to compare and contrast the conflicting or non-conflicting views of christianity and evolution

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A

Well, let me see. This is a long and involved argument with a lot of heated, personal name calling on many sides - and that's just by the experts!

One has to look at this with a cool head and be open to information and not come at it with a closed mind.

The final answer to the question - unforunately - does come down to your starting point and worldy view. Do you accept the evidence and interpret it one way or do you interpret it another to fit your preconceptions of what there is around you?

If, like many people who support and continue to advocate evolution alone, that there cannot be a God and therefore anything that brought about life MUST take a long time because of the enormous statistical impossibilities required to bring about the order required to have a single cell of life, let alone a complex, multi-celled organism like a human being, then billions of years are required and hence anything that is found must be interpretted in that way and any evidence that contradicts that must be thrown out (eg bone marrow found in dinosaur bones - which can't possibly have survived millions of years!)

Anyway, this is almost a life long question that you cannot tackle in just one essay, but again I would say be open to possiblities and search for the answers with an open mind.

One place to look for counter arguments to evolution is:
Creation Ministries International - Bible Evolution Intelligent Design

There are MANY articles there on all sorts of topics. Just search using key words and you'll find what you need.

Good luck. This is a heated debate that goes on, especially in this "Year of Darwin".

Laika_

Banned
HSC

i believe in the belief in god and creation that has served us so well thus far

prove me wrong children

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Well, let me see. This is a long and involved argument with a lot of heated, personal name calling on many sides - and that's just by the experts!

One has to look at this with a cool head and be open to information and not come at it with a closed mind.

The final answer to the question - unforunately - does come down to your starting point and worldy view. Do you accept the evidence and interpret it one way or do you interpret it another to fit your preconceptions of what there is around you?

If, like many people who support and continue to advocate evolution alone, that there cannot be a God and therefore anything that brought about life MUST take a long time because of the enormous statistical impossibilities required to bring about the order required to have a single cell of life, let alone a complex, multi-celled organism like a human being, then billions of years are required and hence anything that is found must be interpretted in that way and any evidence that contradicts that must be thrown out
What evidence?

(eg bone marrow found in dinosaur bones - which can't possibly have survived millions of years!)
Uh..

Anyway, this is almost a life long question that you cannot tackle in just one essay, but again I would say be open to possiblities and search for the answers with an open mind.

One place to look for counter arguments to evolution is:
Creation Ministries International - Bible Evolution Intelligent Design

There are MANY articles there on all sorts of topics. Just search using key words and you'll find what you need.

Good luck. This is a heated debate that goes on, especially in this "Year of Darwin".
A much better site, based on science rather than folly:

An Index to Creationist Claims

Jaylee42003

HSC

Christian schools ehh..
well I will say what I said before in the posts that I deleted.
Basically, evolution and God go hand in hand. I don't think they conflict.
We evolved from bacteria :)
Go us :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)