• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

pimples and blackheads on the lips (1 Viewer)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Sounds gross, but what's the best way to get rid of pimples/blackheads on the outline of the lips? I've had one particular pimple (actually, it's just a hard-as-a-rock lump now) for nearly two weeks, and I can't get rid of it. It makes my mouth look a little uneven. Actually it's not really noticeable and it is disappearing (should be gone in a few days). I also have blackheads (also unnoticeable but I can feel them there) and if I squeeze them they'll turn into pimples (most of the time).

Sorry about the detail, but yeah, how can I get rid of them?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Just dont touch them in the first place.
I know they're gross, but just live with em and itll go away.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
Just dont touch them in the first place.
I know they're gross, but just live with em and itll go away.
Yeah I'm not touching them. I know what happens if I do .... NIGHTMARES!

Skeeta: doesn't work. Zovirax doesn't work either.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
this is really odd, but one of my friend swears putting toothpaste on them dries them up overnight and then they fall off (gross i know)

katy-g

HSC
Exfoliate.... Of course that will bring out more pimples initially but will eventually leave you with clearer and smoother skin.

WendyLove

HSC
Baking soda. Mix with a little water until it is like a paste. Dab onto the pimple. It will go hard after a little while. Leave on all night. Keep doing this.

Exfoliating only leads to further breakouts if you irritate the skin. Therefore, you should use chemical exfoliants as opposed to abrasive exfoliants. Baking soda is the cheapest and best. Mix with your cleanser twice weekly for smoother skin without the initial breakout that the above post noted.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
kathelle said:
I used to get those little blackheads. I find that if I don't put on lipgloss/stick/treatment as often (Im a bit of an addict :eek:) they hardly happen.
i'd think it'd be the other way round

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I think you should just squeeze it before you have a shower, because if you don't it will probably just come back. If you did 2 weeks ago it probably would have been long gone by now.

HSC
those big red lumps are nodules (ie. occur usually with people with bad acne) i had blackheads on my nose/around my nose and i found some good ol' benzyl peroxide totally annihilated them within 3 days! I have barely any blackheads

Gangels

HSC
I had those to, try tea tree oil, chest rub, and toothpaste works really well. Theres something that starts with A that i cant remember the name of. Anti something.:)

shyr

HSC
kathelle said:
I used to get those little blackheads. I find that if I don't put on lipgloss/stick/treatment as often (Im a bit of an addict :eek:) they hardly happen.
yes! it certainly works! tried it myself...
i think the best thing you should do is visit a dermatologist. some of the stuffs suggested here might make it worse--you might be allergic to some of them... so better go to the doc :)

philly17

I have exactly the same thing ahve for arounf 4 years now Mine are blackheads and whiteheads which look worse just white little lumps under the skin if u squeeze them they form into pimples. I have been told by doctors and a natropath that it is hormonal breakouts that occur in the chin and mouth area are hormonal therefore it doesnt really matter what u put on them externally u need to fix the hormone imblance inside! once u fix that i'm assurred they disappear.
Otherwise you can go to a beautican and get them extracted although it could scare!!

Always

HSC
Just leave it alone. In the meanwhile, check your lip balms. If any contain lanolin throw it away, or at least be more careful when you apply it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)