• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PICNIC AT THE HANGING ROCK...help! (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
hey pplz,
having problem with an asignment which is about POST COLONIAL PERSPECTIVES OF AUSTRALIAN IDENTITY.

I have to choose an issue from "The Picnic at The Hanging Rock".

I thing i dont get is which issue to choose from. /?

Im thinking of the issue which is about the strict clothing regulation that was going on in the colonial times...
Please I need your guys feedback if its correct.

and share your ideas/issues with me..
thank you very much

darksouljah
ADV. ENGLISH PRELIM

-pari-

HSC
N/A
we did postcolonialism in ext english.

um,
thinking of the issue which is about the strict clothing regulation that was going on in the colonial times...
we didn't exactly look at that kind of stuff....more on issues AFTER (ie post) the colonial period

...i can't really see many exampls in the movie you've chosen, but then maybe you're looking at the text from a different perspective of postcolonialism...

so - not sure about the text you've chosen - but in relevance to australia in general we would've talked about things like
* hybridity: the homogenisation of the native culture - the adoption to the colonial power's ways - eg adoption of western clothing, language, entertainment, politics etc

* identity/loss of identity

* displacement : the forced movement of ppl from their homeland : eg aborigines being forced to move into camps and reserves

*voice of the other <--this was the main one. how the voice of the colonised, or in general the voice of a previously suppressed/unacknowledged is brought out through the postcolonial text.

hope that helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)