• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Parramatta Eels for premiership 2005 (3 Viewers)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
This has to be our year...been waiting so long
would of had it in 2001 damn newy! :(
hey but we're going quite good...only gets better
<3 <3 <3
Parra Eels for premiership 05'!!!!

aaaman

Banned
HSC
lmao just 1 win wiv da cowboys doesnt prove u r in da run 4 da primership, i bet broncos get smashed dis weekend by them.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
yea if the broncos dont smash ya i think ur in with a chance ... wait 2 late, we already did

sorry, knights have a better chance of winning a game then parra does of winning the comp

MuffinMan

HSC
fornstar said:
yea if the broncos dont smash ya i think ur in with a chance ... wait 2 late, we already did

sorry, knights have a better chance of winning a game then parra does of winning the comp
:chainsaw: .

MuffinMan

HSC
miss_gtr said:
dont wanna burst your bubble, but the eels arent gonna win the premiership this year..... a few wins here and there doesnt mean your premiers material, you guys arent consistent.
err...we're as consistent as 2001 year...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
err...we're as consistent as 2001 year...
You mean the year when you only lost 4 games all season (not including the grand final)?

Last I checked, your Eels have lost 4 matches already. Including a 54 - 14 thumping at the hands of Brisbane, and a 49 - 26 thumping at the hands of South Sydney (who are doing REAAAL well this season).

Consistent as 2001, you said?

MuffinMan

HSC
Suney_J said:
sure they are, consistently inconsistent
:chainsaw: <3 to parra...they're great...we made it to the grand final in 2001...shame we didnt go all the way tho... :chainsaw: newcastle knights

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I agree parra are doing relatively well so far, a lot better than seasons 03 and 04 anyway, but I can't see them being premiership material yet. But I think they can only get better with timmy smith running around! To Brian Smith: if you let tim smith go like you did all the other decent halfbacks I will kill you! :p <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 parra <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I rate tim smith he's a bit of a cutie :). But eric grothe jr is better! John Morris is pretty good too, as is glenn morrison

p.s. oh i just read tim smith has signed til the end of 2007. Hooray!

MuffinMan

HSC
yeh as long as we dont sign the manly fullback it'll be fine
nothing against manly but he sucks
never takes the ball cleanly

HSC
Well considering my roosters have no chance, parra are the next best thing. as long as manly or cronulla dont win, i will be happy.

emjayz

HSC
N/A
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
This has to be our year...been waiting so long
would of had it in 2001 damn newy! :(
hey but we're going quite good...only gets better
<3 <3 <3
Parra Eels for premiership 05'!!!!

i don't think so!!! the doggies will be getiing most of their players soon. the dragons have been playing well so far. the roosters..... well for the past 3 yrs they've been in the finals, but have only won it once, lol, thats funny!!!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You can't tell with this seasons results. I can't really see a Manly vs Cronulla final personally. I think this is the best chance that Brisbane have got to getting their form back to the mid 90s.
I am an Eels supporter but so far this season the Eels have been nothing special. Once they start winning away from home though... Well, you never know.

Jiga

I cant see Parra figuring this year. Youve won two decent games and all of a sudden your Premiership contenders, the media will do that these days. Youve got to show consistency, and I dont think having Smith at half in his first year can do that - at least not in the finals series n e way.

Besides, this week the sharks will smash Parra, my humble prediction:

Sharks 60 (Vagana 3, Covell 2, Gallen 2, Simmons 1, Peachey 1, Stevens 1 - Covell 10/10)
def
Parramatta 2 (Burt 1/2)

:)

MuffinMan

HSC
smh 31.5.05. said:
Parramatta’s quick-witted whiz-kid is made of Sterling stuff

Andrew Johns, Brett Kimmorley and Craig Gower will probably continue to swap the Test halfback job around for another two or three years, but the next player to break through the prized position will be Tim Smith.

It’s not too early to predict the enormously talented youngster will go that far. The things he has done as a 20-year-old rookie in just 11 games for the Eels and the rate at which he is improving make it a safe bet.

The Gold Coast-raised Smith will play for Queensland in State of Origin and he will play for Australia. It is just a matter of time.

Two more prime examples of the special things Smith can do came in the 34-26 win by the Eels against Cronulla on Saturday night.

Seeing that Sharks winger Luke Covell had come in a bit too far in anticipation of a grubber kick into the in-goal, Smith adjusted his kick on the run and lobbed the ball over Covell’s head for winger Eric Grothe to take it on the full and score. It was fabulous pinpoint stuff.

And passing from left to right – naturally the less comfortable direction for a right handed player – he delivered a bullet like and beautifully flat cut-out pass for another Grothe try. It was a dynamic piece of football.

Smith is not the fastest halfback around. In fact, he is well back in the race. But a former Parramatta halfback – Peter Sterling – wasn’t fast either and it didn’t harm his game. Sterling was fast in the mind and so is Smith. He has got the kick and he’s got the pass.

The kid has a great attitude. There is no suggestion, when he is interviewed, that he is getting carried away with himself. What comes out of his answers is enthusiasm, his desire to learn and the fact he is really enjoying himself. There are already a lot of youngsters wanting to be this kid and there are going to be a lot more very soon.

Parramatta coach Brian Smith is no relation to Tim, but he talks about him like any proud father would talk about his talented son.

“His ability to cope with pressure, his ability to shake off errors and just get on with it…it’s natural to him” the veteran coach said.

“It’s always been in him and it’s a case of keeping him doing that rather than educating him on how to do it. The biggest thing to make you believe [that Tim Smith is something special] is his ability to play in the area close to the opposition line. From their line to the 20-metre line…that’s his place. He lives there.”

“One way to look at him would be to sat he has got a truckload of things he would need to work on to become a representative halfback, but a good player can always find ways to get around those issues.”
“The thing he needs is time to develop, like any player does, and I just think it would be the right thing to give him time to get the emotional side of his game right” [before the representative selectors consider him].

“The grounding he is getting now could see him reach that big league and someone who is really great at it. I believe that he is a potential test player in two to four years.”

Grothe said it was awesome feeding off the halfback’s creativity. “He just sees things,” Grothe said. “I don’t know how he sees them, because I don’t see them, but he’s got a knack for it. He was doing it in the lower grades last year and now he’s doing the same stuff in first grade. He’s amazing.”

There is plenty of time for Smith to come through, and he would no doubt get that time. When the representative selectors are ready to pick him it will really be something worth watching.

The statistics show that Smith is the leading halfback or five-eighth when it comes to having a hand in tries this season.

My advice to not only Eels followers, but also league fans, is to sit back and enjoy watching it unfold.
<3333 tim smith .

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I cant see Parra figuring this year. Youve won two decent games and all of a sudden your Premiership contenders, the media will do that these days. Youve got to show consistency, and I dont think having Smith at half in his first year can do that - at least not in the finals series n e way.

Besides, this week the sharks will smash Parra, my humble prediction:

Sharks 60 (Vagana 3, Covell 2, Gallen 2, Simmons 1, Peachey 1, Stevens 1 - Covell 10/10)
def
Parramatta 2 (Burt 1/2)

:)
hahahaha ....gold.

what a find tim smiths has been *waits for him to be sold by brian smith in the next 2 years*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)