• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

paralegal job interview (1 Viewer)

circusmind

HSC
I have a job interview for a paralegal position at a small boutique law firm tomorrow. I know the basic drill for a job interview, so I know that generally you wear the same sort of clothes you would expect to be wearing as an employee at that business. Do paralegals wear suits...or should I just go an open-necked business shirt and pants?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i think, as a general rule, dress up for an interview (tie, jacket and leather folio), no matter the actual dress policy of the place.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
agreed with Frigid, you can always suss out the how people dress when you start there. I went for full-suit for interviews but in both places I have worked at it has been black-skirt/pants - business shirt. That said it also depends on the role, I don't deal with clients or go court so I dont need to.

Good luck :)

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I think you should focus more on what they might ask you, rather than whether you should wear a tie or not. As long as you're dressed nicely, it's fine.

Frigid said:
i think, as a general rule, dress up for an interview (tie, jacket and leather folio), no matter the actual dress policy of the place.
Is carrying a folio not made of animal skin unprofessional?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Marmalade. said:
Is carrying a folio not made of animal skin unprofessional?
you mean one of those cheaper, polyester ones? yeah should be fine (although preference in that case would be black)... i would advise against carrying those Barbie/Star Wars ones though... :p

piitb

HSC
i dont think its what you wear to the interview that matters, its what your prepared to take off that will land u the job :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)