• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Othello Quotes (1 Viewer)

spoonbender

HSC
English exam on Wednesday. Procrastinated a little bit. Big trouble. Can anybody help me with some Othello quotes I can use for values/techniques and stuff like that?

Last edited:

Satiric

HSC
"Your daughter and the moor are now making beast with two backs" - shows that interacial relationships were severly looked down in the 17th century.

"patriachal (dunno how to spell) society. like wen othello is like "get out of my sight" desdemona responds "I will not stay to offend u"-immediate obidience.
thats bout all i can think of for values..

RocKetBoy

HSC
Satiric said:
"Your daughter and the moor are now making beast with two backs" - shows that interacial relationships were severly looked down in the 17th century.

"patriachal (dunno how to spell) society. like wen othello is like "get out of my sight" desdemona responds "I will not stay to offend u"-immediate obidience.
thats bout all i can think of for values..
also try the page about the jelousy is green eyed monster or sumtin..4get lol..

ratcher0071

HSC
"In following him I follow but myself" Iago about Othello. This quote can be used to portray deceitfulness. :)

jet

Banned
HSC
I have heaps. For racism you can talk about how he is called:
"Barbary Horse"
"devil"
"wheeling stranger"
"knave of common hire" etc.
and how when he killed Des. Emilia say "Oh the more angel she and you the blacker devil"
as well as making the beast with two backs and tupping your white ewe [as said before]

You can also talk about the influence of the military and how it motivated iago's jealousy - Iago calls Cassio 'spinster', 'mere prattle without practice', 'never set a squadron in the field nor a devision of a battle knows'

That should help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)