• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRSL's getting into low demand UAI courses) UTS specifically (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
or know of anyone? (i want to know who has gotten into business computing especially.

Also is having a great statement worthwhile if you havent done THAT well in the diploma?

Finally do you think Busines/computing is of high demand for an NRSL? because i asked someone who got into software enginering (91 UAI) and he got all dist. at TAFe (Equals 88 selection rank) but had a uai of 57. This means he achieved a ranking of about 77 alot of points below the software engineering UAI.

I hope all this made sense, thanks guys i have not had a good day so any answers are MUCH appreciated. As i said in the title i am mostly looking at UTS as they accept cert 4's.

jubs_

HSC
yes i talked to afew people and the statement is very important and it shows the selecters that you are dedicated to your studies. But doing well in the diploma is essential.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I'm a NRSL and I intend on transferring to B Business at UTS next year. My GPA for this year was 5.25, equivalent to a UAI of 91. The cut-off for my desired course is 90.15.

I called UTS and they said that for my course they only take into account your uni results since I've completed one year of tertiary study.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i think its 50:50... UAI and uni results, it can never be solely on uni results.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
its 50:50

statement can add a max of 10+ ranking points to your selection (unsure how they 'score' statements)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
its 50:50

statement can add a max of 10+ ranking points to your selection (unsure how they 'score' statements)

For B Business, the person on the phone at UTS told me they only look at uni results if you've completed one year of tertiary study.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
From this link http://www.uts.edu.au/study/pdfs/ug_crit_bus.pdf

It says:
To be eligible to apply for a course (matriculate) at UTS you must satisfy at least one of the following minimum admission requirements:
(1) Must have attained a full NSW HSC or equivalent with a UAI of 66 or TER of 50, or
(2) Completed TAFE TPC, Associate Diploma, Diploma or Advanced Diploma
or
(3) Completion of one year of tertiary studies (must be full time)
or
(4) Have attained the age of 20 years as at 1 March 2006.

Since I've completed one year of tertiary study, I'm thinking they will only look at my uni results and this is what the person on the phone told me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)