• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

need some help (1 Viewer)

R

randhi

hey guys, okay this might sound stupid but i'm kinda confused with the persian wars andt he delian league section. i understand it all but when where does the delian league fit in?? is it under the Greek world from 500-440BC.
and also just one more thing do i need to know them both and have some prac. essays prepared for both or just one of them??

Plebeian

Yep, it goes under that topic (the Delian League was founded 477BC to make sure Persia never came back after the wars).

Since Greece 500-440 is a Historical Period, you will have a choice of two essay questions in the test. Chances are one will be Persian Wars and one will be Delian League, but I don't know if that is guaranteed.

R

randhi

thanks, yeh i think i'll be on the safe side and do them both.

mejam

This might sound really stupid but can i ask.. do you think theres a chance they'll test us on the peloponesian wars.. and arent they outside that time period?

Plebeian

No, not on "The Peloponnesian Wars" exactly. The leadup to them and the First Peloponnesian War (which was a pretty minor event) falls into the period, though, so things like the falling out between Athens and Sparta are examinable. It's basically as the topic says, 500-440. Anything that happened in then is examinable.

olay

HSC
ahh yeah, we had a 10 mark question on the peloponnesian war in our half yearly. so its definitely examinable!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Bah humbug. Wonder if my annoying teacher even knows that.
All we do is answer stupid questions from handout after handout, and I think she is asking us to draw the wrong information.. and we are moving so slowly! We get to the end of a topic and know nothing... self-directed learning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)