• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need Help on Leaving Home Skrzynecki (1 Viewer)

mis_C

HSC
Hey,

Any one doing Leaving Home for one of the skrzynecki poems? I need help finding techniques on it. If you know of any from the top of your head it'd be a big help, just to get me started...

Thnx heaps

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
don't just post a thread and expect people to do your last mintue work for you. Go check the resource section theres a lot of stuff on Skrzynecki poems on here.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Surreal imagery
personfication
metaphor
descriptive language

theres heaps
etc

Aloshan

Leave School
HSC
xox_eMz_xox shut the hell up.tha lady wants some help , either give it to her or shut up.Sorry but im also looking for techniques to ...cant find none, maybe surrealism/realism contrasting and the usual ones like personification??Dont no....eh fuck it , its only the HSC anyway

=slade=

HSC
she did give her help - wat u'd find in the resource section is a lot more detailed and helpful than wat you might rattle off the top of your head on a post. and making a thread is kind of lazy, if she hasnt already looked at the resource section

al_x

short*
HSC
hey come off it guys! I'm doing leaving home for one of my poems and I reckon helping out might help me study too (having a bit of touble concentrating, know the feeling anyone??)

so yeah
* tone change from realism to surrealism occurs at "watching myself outside in the rain"
* allusion to Publius Skippio (def. Hannibal)- skrzynecki is saying that he will not see the beaurocrats again unless he can defeat them
* skrzynecki feels that he doesn't have any choice but to leave home to go to his teaching job. He is unaware that he actaully does have a choice "our dull witted, frog mouthed obedience to the letter of the law" because his family are migrants and they aren't up to speed on what's going on
* repetition of "three" as he is thinking constantly of his family (himself and his two parents)
*use of black comedy "the millionth person that couldn't pronounce my name"
* Nightmarish imagery "three headless crows flying in a room whose walls were silently burning", "bald toothless faces standing at a window, laughing in the rain"

and that's just a start! Hope it helps. Good luck with the exam guys!

=slade=

HSC
also with "the millionth person that couldn't pronounce my name" would this be hyperbole (exagerration)?

are you remembering all of those for your essay/text type?

i only have about 2/3 including some references to poem titles for each text, and four central ideas. :S but my teacher has been marking them 12.5-13/15

al_x

short*
HSC
yes true it would be a hyperbole

Yeah remembering most of those for my essay. i'm pretty good at remembering stuff (for 10 seconds). if i just had to write a list of techniques out for the exam i would ace it, it's answering the question and getting all of those little techniques into the essay and explaining them that I have trouble with.

central ideas?

=slade=

HSC
like 4 themes sorta thing- ie challenges, negativity, choice + consequence and inner growth and understanding. do u think these are fairly adaptable to most Qs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)