• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Need Advice How To Improve Hard> (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
heyo,

yea.. Curently doing 3 science, 2unit maths, adv. english
altogther 10 unitz

some of my mates in physics n chem are too good to beat.. Curently I'm averge in class and i just wanted to push my makrs n rank high as possible.

but i try my best, but still couldnt beat my mates.... they get 88% i get 69%
I dunu why this happening...

need advice on how to improve my marks fast enough to beat my mates in the comming half yearly....

Ty peopz
Dsoul

jaaaaay

HSC
physics - jacaranda textbook <-- the best physics textbook! you're guaranteed success by this book, do all the exercises xD
2u maths - do 50 billion questions per night
adv. eng - know your texts well and read a lot
chem - i dropped this, so i wouldn't take my advice... lol

HSC
chem and physics and bio: talk to your teachers... youre not the only one to not understand the content, so they know how to explain things a lil more clearly ona person to person basis. also, if one of your teachers can also teach another subject (like my chem teacher also being a physics teacher) just ask them for both subjects - saves time and energy. also, doing 3 sciences is an advantage since there are things that are inter-related.

maths: like my old maths teacher said - "the first 100 dont count" - so go for your life. do as above - 50billion questions wont hurt.. just be nice to the environment

eng: read up alot on the context of authors and stuff like that. it helps to thoroughly understand what theyre trying to get across. then start writing essays - start easy (how does [insert text name here] demonstrate aspects of the journey), and work your way up to something more defined. most teachers are willing to look over your practice essays, so use 'em - makes them feel important:rofl:

thats my 2 cents:)

Sofstar

HSC
Sciences: read over notes that were given to you in class and then read what textbook says. Those little revision type questions in textbooks are also alright, some are abit dodge though.

Maths: I'm taking everyone else's advice. ^^

If you need motivation, pick someone in your class who is currently doing better than you are and aim to kick their ass.

redom

HSC
well

Sciences-try to understand everything, which i believe is the hardest part. Then umm do loads of questions. Dot point books are really usefull, past hscs, get summaries from excel. I killed phys last year by doing excell like 3 times, which is yeah a preetty crap book, but its soo syllabusi, that by the end i felt liek id memorised every possible question.

Maths-well practise makes perfect.

eng adv...memorise an essay....make sure the essays good

Goodluck!

cl3nta

HSC
science - understand the concept then practice applying it. Once understood, i'd recommend doing past papers just like maths.
maths - is like science. understand the concept then master applying it.
eng - read write edit. read your texts. write practice essays. edit them using peers and teachers.

hope that helps and gl :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)